Technical Manager, Point of Care Testing - Pathology - Full Time - DaysRequisition # 19005435 Apply Now
Advance your career at Cedars-Sinai!
At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have great resources to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
Would you like to be part of an organization that is committed to delivering the highest quality of medical care to our patients?
Do you have a passion for using your leadership skills in a state-of-the-art clinical environment?
Cedars-Sinai Point Of Care Testing Laboratory has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Technical Manager who will contribute to our mission of providing world class care. We offers the most appropriate and current diagnostic and therapeutic modalities in an honest, encouraging, supportive and compassionate manner.
As the Technical manager, you will provide supervision to the Point of Care Testing Laboratory. Responsibilities include organization of work, supervision of employees, staff development, expense control, quality assurance, process improvement and problem solving in the delivery of services and related programs within the division.
- Baccalaureate Degree with ASCP Board of Registry specialist certification or a Masters degree in a biological science, chemistry or medical technology, or equivalent education and experience.
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist Generalist License (License Prefix - MTA) required, MT(ASCP) / MLS(ASCP) preferred.
- Five years of relevant clinical laboratory experience with at least three in the area of specialty.
- Experience in supervision and training clinical personnel, as well as professional involvement such as membership on committees, publication of papers and presentation of conferences, desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with peers, patients, nurses, physicians and other customers of the Medical Center.
- Full command (verbal and written) of the English language.
- Working Title: Technical Manager, Point of Care Testing - Pathology - Full Time - Days
- Department: Lab/POCT
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pathology / Lab
- Job Specialty: Laboratory
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map