Tableau - SQL Developer
Los Angeles, California
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we’re proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0891243
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing:
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer works with end-user requests to document moderately to complex business requirements, data definitions, business rules, and data quality requirement in support of enterprise data intelligence projects. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business/clinical needs and data elements required or available. Produces data sets, reports, ad-hoc requests, dashboards, etc. Conducts data analysis in support of a variety of analytic solutions. Provides quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers. Analyzes complex problems and issues using data from internal and external sources. May provide consultation to users and lead cross-functional teams to address data and analytic issues. Provides quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers. Analyzes complex problems and issues using data from internal and external sources. May provide consultation to users and lead cross-functional teams to address data and analytic issues.
- Triages intake of data requests and seek understanding of technical requirements.
- Uses SQL programming code to develop required reports.
- Responsible for the development and delivery lifecycle during the following phases:
- Requirement Assessment: Works with enterprise data intelligence analysts to analyze and understand business requirements.
- Development: Based on requirements, develops functionality by following internal development standards. Technical solution to include detailed design documentation, code, configuration, and other supporting technical documents. Incorporates end-user requests and requirements to develop enterprise reporting solutions.
- Testing: Performs unit, regression, connectivity, and full end-to-end integration tests, when it applies; Supports quality insurance effort to gain user acceptance.
- Delivery: Works closely with inter-departmental and cross-departmental resources to migrate new or improved functionality from test to production. Provides effective communication across the team as appropriate. Follows change control standards and processes for release to production.
- Three (3)+ years’ experience with SQL and expertise with a range of query tools such as Tableau, Oracle, SAS, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, etc.
- Hands on experience performing reporting analysis and developing custom reports.
- Experience with patient care-oriented databases, hospital-based administrative database applications and data warehousing technology.
- Experience in system analysis, user relations, and vendor interactions.
- Knowledge of relation database technology and client-server applications.
- Experience writing SQL statements and accessing relational database system.
- Experience analyzing basic to moderately sophisticated Clarity report requests, Reporting Workbench and Radar build requests.
- Technical proficiency in Reporting Workbench and Radar build. Able to teach complex Reporting Workbench and Radar build concepts.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Healthcare, or related field.
Epic Certification preferred.
- Working Title: Tableau - SQL Developer
- Department: EIS Outcomes Management
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Business Intelligence/Reporting
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Expand your horizons by working and learning along side the best in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.