Systems Integration Manager (Healthcare IT, Epic Bridges cert preferred)Requisition # 20000737 Apply Now
Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2018 Computerworld Magazine and awarded "Most Wired, Level 10" in 2019 by Chime Healthcare's Most Wired!
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes and technologies.
What will you be doing in this role?
The EIS Manager of Bridges Interfaces & Systems Integration possesses a thorough understanding of clinical information systems and their integration to various Health Technology Mgmt. Systems.
- The Manager will possess expert knowledge of HL7 and integration patterns as they lead analysts & developers who support a complex care delivery system (hospital and ambulatory).
- They will focus on the engineering solutions, interface implementation, and operations management.
- The candidate should have a broad understanding of complex heterogeneous technologies found in modern healthcare environments and the ability to synthesize new technical information into existing structures. In addition, the EIS Manager must thrive in an inter-disciplinary team setting with multiple large concurrent projects in the delivery pipeline.
- Directs and oversees daily operations of the Bridges & Systems Integration teams.
- Helps the team leads to carry out task assignments, train the staff, develop policies & procedures, assist with the development and implementation of processes necessary to improve the operations.
- Have a proven track record showing progressive responsibility in project management and planning, process mapping, group presentation, leadership, team building, written and verbal communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- This position requires expert ability to appropriately communicate at all levels, especially with various stakeholders and leaders in operations, applications, IT engineering, and technical support.
- The position reports to the Associate Director of Systems Technology.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other related engineering discipline.
- 10+ years of experience designing and building large-scale complex multiplatform solutions.
- 8+ years of experience handling multiple concurrent projects developing total solutions and interacting with other key clinical and operations teams within the organization.
Skills & experience we're looking for:
- Intersystems Ensemble certification preferred.
- Epic Bridges certification preferred
- Experience with Health IT full lifecycle management and change management processes.
- Experience measuring and optimizing application performance and overall application quality.
- Expert knowledge of system and network architectures and APIs, data dictionaries and schemas, communication protocols, messaging strategies, and queueing theory.
- Expert knowledge of Cache, ObjectScript, Java, Webservices, and SQL
- Expertise with Software Development Life Cycles and various methodologies including Agile & Waterfall.
- Rigorous and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Ability to integrate several software components and understand interdependencies and relationships.
- Must be creative and organized, with a proven ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and utilitize time effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Working Title: Systems Integration Manager (Healthcare IT, Epic Bridges cert preferred)
- Department: Interfaces
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: System Integration
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map