Supervisor, Materials Management - Supply Chain - Full TimeRequisition # 20001597 Apply Now
Advanced your career at Cedars-Sinai!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing perfection. From working with a team of best-in-class healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
The Supervisor, Materials Management is responsible for managing the team tasked with receiving incoming supplies and equipment, cross-docking activities, handling returns to suppliers, tagging equipment, and completing all associated computer software tasks to ensure accurate record keeping. Responsible for ensuring data in PeopleSoft is accurate and that Cedars-Sinai only pays for supplies and equipment that are actually received. The overall aim of the role is to manage receiving activities at Cedars-Sinai to ensure improved patient care and safety by quickly and efficiently receiving all inventory necessary for hospital functions.
What will you be doing in this role?
Effectively supervise receiving personnel at Cedars-Sinai and receive inventory efficiently and accurately
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with leadership of Dock Operations to effectively manage vendors for delivery schedules
- Manage inspections and deliveries accepted at the medical center and ensure supplies delivered matches packing slips, and identifies location to which the packages/supplies/equipment will be staged/delivered
- Manage the receiving process in the system completely and accurately, scan all packing slips within established timelines into system per established timelines
- Manage the Accounting Assistant to audit inventory received in LUM
- Cooperate with AP to resolve invoice match exceptions due to receipt discrepancies related to purchase orders
- Ensure the safety of supplies and/or equipment by giving special attention to refrigerated supplies and those with special handling as needed
- Meet customer needs by receiving items efficiently and accurately. Ensure overnight deliveries are processed and delivered quickly
- Supervise the preparation of items for return to suppliers when appropriate (e.g., damaged items, over-shipped items) once an RGA has been issued. Responsible for resolving delivery errors with suppliers when items are received in error (e.g., mispicks, wrong UOM, wrong destination)
- Maintains receiving/staging area in a clean, safe, and organized manner
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize departmental priorities and needs
- High School Diploma/GED required (BS/BA Degree or Associates Degree preferred).
- 3 years SPD experience which include extensive knowledge of medical/surgical supplies and sterilization principles and practices required.
- 1-3 yrs shipping/receiving experience Preferred
- 2 years of supervisory experience required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience operating warehouse equipment preferred.
- Self-motivated and multi tasks with min. supervision.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Business-minded and goal-driven
- Creative problem solver and quick thinker
- Assumes responsibility for good working practices, safety, and security for inventory and staff
- Up to 25% of travel between receiving locations may be necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, handhelds, and other types of technology utilized in receiving activities
- Excellent organizational skills to ensure proper storage of inventory in a clean, safe, and neat manner
- Able to stand or walk 75% of the time and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to push and pull carts weighing up to 400 pounds.
- Exercises care in lifting and handling equipment.
- Working Title: Supervisor, Materials Management - Supply Chain - Full Time
- Department: Receiving
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Supply Chain / Procurement
- Job Specialty: Materials Management
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map