Supervisor, Clinical Nutrition - Clinical Nutrition - Full Time - DaysRequisition # 20000952 Apply Now
Make a difference every single day!
We know that you have options as to where you choose to work, and we provide our employees with the best possible work environment. One of our goals as an organization is to develop a well-trained and highly motivated workforce. We want to help you achieve your greatest potential by enabling you to progress within your job and advance your career.
Right now, our Clinical Nutrition Department is looking for a Clinical Nutrition Coordinator (Supervisor) to join their team!
The Clinical Nutrition Coordinator (Supervisor) position is an experienced dietitian with demonstrated experience in an acute care setting.
- You will be responsible for the supervision of the Clinical Nutrition Staff who provide medical nutrition therapy to patients and clients of the Cedars-Sinai Health System.
- You will manage assigned resources and systems to provide efficient medical nutrition therapy.
- You will lead all aspects of staff in all areas of responsibility to assure that job duties are performed with sensitivity and attention to the cultural, age, and developmental issues of the patient populations served.
- This person must be able to work independently, as well as in harmony with his/her peers, and have strong clinical as well as managerial skills.
- You will participates with other members of the Food and Nutrition Management team in the development of appropriate resources addressing the individual therapeutic needs of the patient.
- You will work in collaboration with Medical Staff, Nursing, Pharmacy, and other Allied Health Team Members to create an environment or culture that enables the unit and hospital to fulfill its mission and meet or exceed its goals.
- You will also assure compliance with all third party regulations, departmental, and Medical Center policies.
- You will provide leadership and mentorship in quality patient relations, communication and problem solving.
- You will coordinate and facilitate with the Associate Director of Clinical Nutrition to assure consistency of compliance to departmental and medical center policies and governmental regulations.
- In conjunction with the Associate Director of Clinical Nutrition responsibilities include, hiring, firing, management and mentoring assigned staff, scheduling, time record processing, training, performance appraisal, and coordination of programs and approved research projects.
- Three (3) years of experience as a Clinical Dietitian in an acute care setting.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated experience in a supervisory role providing leadership to Clinical Dietitians.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects within established timeframes, problem analysis and resolution, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills required to include a working knowledge in Windows including Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience in mentoring and training staff in daily computer applications such as Web/Computrition/CS-Link, PPM, Kronos, Webridge and Share Point.
- Good management skills, able to develop goals, assess performance and develop development plans.
- Must have a current working knowledge of Title XXII, OBRA, and the Joint Commission requirements as they relate to clinical nutrition care services.
- Individuals at this level routinely participate in educational activities where lecturing experience with small and large group is encouraged.
- Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics, Nutrition or related field required.
- Masters degree or certification such as Certified Nutrition Support Clinician, Certified Specialty in Pediatrics, Certified Diabetes Educator strongly preferred.
- Certification as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration required. Membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics preferred.
- Working Title: Supervisor, Clinical Nutrition - Clinical Nutrition - Full Time - Days
- Department: Food Svcs-Clinical Dietetic
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: Nutrition
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map