Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We provide an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off, health care and a 403(b), along with competitive compensation. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
What you will be doing in this role:
The Strategy Analyst is responsible for evaluating, analyzing, and making recommendations on new strategy and business opportunities for Cedars-Sinai. The Strategy Analyst provides consulting support to key partners across the Health System. This position assists Director(s), Manager(s), and System Development leadership and staff with ensuring quality and consistency of deliverables presented to senior leadership.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development, facilitation and presentation of deliverables, including strategy and business plans, to clients across the Health System to guide strategy and business decision-making; will support the facilitation of cross functional project groups, which could include Health System leadership, clinical departments, and the Medical Network.
- Works with staff and leadership to define growth strategies and drive the strategic planning process.
- Develops complex business plans by identifying, retrieving, and analyzing data from a variety of internal and external sources; develops assumptions and models to support decisions and recommendations on strategic and business opportunities of large scope and impact to the organization.
- Monitors, evaluates, defines, and prepares detailed market research and/or trend assessments and analysis; this includes competitor analysis, demand forecasts, key market trends resulting from changing healthcare legislations, third-party reimbursement trends and new technology impacting patient care.
- Works with staff and leadership to convert strategy and business plans into implementation plans; supports ongoing monitoring of implemented strategies.
- Evaluates operational needs for new programs, services, and technology, including staffing requirements and capital needs.
- Supports the development of detailed financial analyses, including income statements, cash flow analysis and balance sheets; as well as economic valuations using standard acceptable methodologies for new and/or existing programs, services, and healthcare technology to evaluate new business opportunities.
- Aids in the development of analyses of programs and compares their results to business plans and/or budgeting targets.
- Provides consulting and project management support for all levels of leadership, clinical departments, and entities, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or a related field required. Master’s Degree (MBA, MPH, MHA, or MPA) preferred. Course work should include planning, finance, marketing, accounting, information systems and business strategy
- A minimum of 2 years with previous planning, finance, and/or business development experience in a healthcare organization or consulting organization providing services to the healthcare industry or equivalent experience required.
Why work here?
Beyond outstanding employee benefits including health and dental insurance, vacation, and a 403(b) we take pride in hiring the best employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our commitment to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation.
Working Title: Strategy Analyst
Department: System Develpmt
Business Entity: Corporate Services
Job Category: Strategic Plan/Business Dev
Job Specialty: Strategic Planning
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay: $71,300.00 - $110,400.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.