- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Sterile Processing Tech IRequisition # 20001599 Apply Now
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 times for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also received the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year, 3 years in a row. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We hire team members who are committed to helping others. Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
What you will be doing in this role:
Under direct supervision, the Sterile Processing Technician I is responsible for decontamination and assembly of equipment, instruments and sterilization of supplies. Works closely with user departments for supplies and equipment. Maintains established inventory levels of sterile instrumentation/supplies. Inspects and identifies instruments needing repair by following established repair procedures. Demonstrates dedication to outstanding quality control/assurance.
- Performs Sterile Processing functions and assorted support duties in decontamination and clean assembly areas in a safe and technical manner consistent with department and CSHS policies and procedures.
- Inspects and assembles instrument trays, using content lists and Manufactures Instruction for Use (IFU) document as a guide and readiness for sterilization.
- Sterilizes hospital instruments, utensils, linen and supplies using high temperature, low temperature and high level disinfection according to established procedures and following regulatory requirements. Dispenses requested sterile and clean supplies/equipment. Assigns priority to emergency requests and issues. Discusses challenges and issues with Sterile Processing Technicians II and III or Supervisor.
- Disassembles and cleans instrumentation and equipment. Reassembles instrumentation and tests for proper functioning. Tags any instrumentation needing repair for the Sterile Processing Instrument Coordinator, Repair Technicians or Clinical Engineering. Wears personal protective gear when washing and disinfecting equipment and instruments.
- Delivers missing instruments. Pickups or replaces malfunctioning or damaged instruments as needed from applicable OR units. Calls out issues to a Sterile Processing Tech III, Supervisor or other designee.
- Submits incomplete instrument list if replacement instruments are needed, missing from tray or damaged. Utilizes computerized instrument tracking and manufacture’s IFU’s. Containerizes or wraps all trays using proper protocols and procedures.
- Maintains assigned work area in a clean and organized condition to maintain required standards for handling sterilized and clean materials. Maintains a safe work environment.
Education, Certification and Experience Sought:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Valid Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) Preferred
- Up to 1 year in Sterile Processing or Surgical Technologist experience including decontamination, wrapping, sterilization and infection control of basic instrumentation.
Why work here?
Beyond outstanding benefits, competitive salaries and health and dental insurance, we take pride in hiring the best, most passionate employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our commitment to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
- Working Title: Sterile Processing Tech I
- Department: Sterile Processing
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: Sterile Processing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Evening
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map