- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Sterile Processing SupervisorRequisition # HRC0439606 Apply Now
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Tell Me About This Role:
The Shift Supervisor, Sterile Processing assumes the responsibility and accountability for the application of clinical practice to the instrumentation and equipment used by clinicians in the care of hospitalized patients. You will demonstrate independent thinking and ability in directing the processing, maintenance and dispensing of materials and equipment required by medical and nursing personnel for the care, diagnosis or treatment of patients. This role is responsible for providing oversight of production and project flow through the Sterile Processing areas. Will maintain accurate records of the effectiveness of the various processes, and maintaining quality control parameters, as well as mentoring and coaching staff.
The Supervisor will maintain a consistent high standard of supplies, equipment and surgical trays. He/She will make certain that the department meets or exceeds TJC requirements and is maintained in a cost-effective manner. The Supervisor has excellent communication skills in order to articulate the goals and mission of our department while soliciting suggestion and comments from our customers for improvement of services and performance:
- Ensures that the standards of operation of the department are in compliance with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the state Department of Health, TJC, and others. Works with Safety office to conform to AQMD requirements for review and analysis. Maintains records with regulatory agencies and institutional procedures as well as departmental procedures.
- Directs overall activities to include Human Resources standards and assists leadership with budget expense control.
- Assists in providing a comprehensive departmental orientation to all new hires. Assesses learning needs of staff and collaborates with the SPD Educator to develop training programs on an ongoing basis.
- Develops and implements departmental performance improvement activities and encourages ongoing staff participation.
- Establishes internal inventory levels and maintains levels in accordance with set standards and in coordination with user departments; establishes par level stocks and monitors them for proper utilization.
- Maintains continued education in the field of Central Service operations and equipment through education, literature and seminars. Provides instructions and in-service in new products, procedures and equipment in a manner that will identify and prevent resource loss.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with surgery and all internal customers.
- In collaboration with Central Issues, Financial Control, Clinical Engineering, establishes a preventative maintenance program and QC for patient equipment and assists in maintaining adequate inventory of patient equipment to meet hospital use requirements.
- Maintains documentation of all aspects of care performed within the scope of Sterile processing and regulated record maintenance.
- Participates as an active member of hospital committees as assigned.
Education and Certifications:
High School Diploma or GED required. Associate Degree/College Diploma preferred.
Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) required.
A minimum of 5 years demonstrated supervisory experience in Sterile Processing or Perioperative with proficiency in the maintenance, ordering and upkeep of sophisticated, and delicate equipment and instrumentation.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our commitment to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
- Working Title: Sterile Processing Supervisor
- Department: Sterile Processing
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: Sterile Processing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Evening
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map