Sterile Processing CoordinatorRequisition # 19004460 Apply Now
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?
We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it’s part of the reason we’ve been named one of the top ten hospitals in America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of exceptional healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
Do you work well in a large team environment patients where critical thinking is essential?
As a Sterile Processing Instrument Specialist at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will have in-depth knowledge of sterilization practices and standards, decontamination and assembly within the surgical services arena in an acute care hospital. Incumbent will have case load specific knowledge of equipment, instruments and supplies used on all cases for the assigned OR unit. Responsibilities also include building case carts and making OR rounds to monitor and maintain inventory par levels of trays in the sterile storage area, the unit specific peel packs, and anticipate and meet the needs of the assigned OR unit. Active participation in process improvement, quality assurance, training, orienting and/or precept of staff. Performs other related duties as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
List the primary duties and responsibilities in order of most significance.
• Works closely with OR Services staff to review the Surgical Schedule for the assigned OR unit in advance to build case carts. Maintains schedules and carts for emergency or add-on cases as necessary.
• Conducts routine rounds on assigned OR floors and acts as the primary liaison for OR Services staff to ensure instruments needs/requests are filled timely as to not impact patient care.
• Maintains Sterile Storage Stock and routinely inspects instruments and keeps inventory including maintenance of set par levels, rotation of trays in storage and checking expiration dates as applicable. Ensures clean and orderly supply area.
• Facilitates communication between OR and SPD regarding status of trays, needs lists, instruments in need of repair, and new instrument requests.
• Assists with distribution, processing and decontamination of supplies and equipment as required; responsible for maintenance of selected items; responsible for Immediate-Use-Steam Sterilization process per standard guidelines
Hours: 11 a.m - 7:30 p.m
High School Diploma or GED equivalent - Minimum
Vocational/Technical Diploma-Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technologists- Preferred
CRCST-Certified Registered Central Services Technician
1 year of Sterile Processing or Surgical Technologist experience to include decontamination, wrapping, sterilization and infection control of basic instrumentation or related field
- Working Title: Sterile Processing Coordinator
- Department: Sterile Processing
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: Sterile Processing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map