- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Sterile Proc Tech I- Afternoon ShiftRequisition # 30372 Apply Now
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
Under direct supervision, the Sterile Processing Tech I will be responsible for decontamination and assembly of equipment, instruments and sterilization of supplies. Works closely with user departments for supplies and equipment and maintains established inventory levels of sterile instrumentation/supplies. Inspects and identifies instruments needing repair by following established repair procedures. Shows potential in quality control/assurance. Performs related duties as required.
• Education: High School diploma or GED
• Minimum Experience: May be a new grad/novice with up to one (1) year of Sterile Processing experience including, decontamination, wrapping, sterilization and infection control of basic instrumentation.
• Preferred Licenses/Certification: Valid Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST)
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Use of independent judgment and initiative within established policies and procedures.
• Familiarity and experience in the following areas:
o Technical competency in four (4) basic operational services (General Surgery/GYN/ENT/Plastics)
o Understanding/knowledge of workflow principles and infection control.
o Application of sterilization principles and operation of steam sterilizers.
o Knowledge of surgical instruments.
o Knowledge of patient care equipment and its use.
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
• The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to stand or walk 75% of the time and push, pull or lift up to 50 lbs.
• Exercises care in lifting and handling equipment and surgical instrument trays.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
- Working Title: Sterile Proc Tech I- Afternoon Shift
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0747004 - Sterile Processing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Allied Health/Clinical
- Job Specialty: Other Allied Health
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 2nd shift
- Days: Departmental Schedule
- Shift Type: Eve
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map