- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Steril Proc Tech III Prdm - Sterile ProcessingRequisition # 28874 Apply Now
Cedars-Sinai has consistently been named one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, has received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 20 years in a row for providing the highest quality medical care in Los Angeles, and has the longest running Magnet designation for nursing excellence in California.
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Sterile Processing has an opening for a Sterile Processing Tech III, Per Diem.
Under general supervision, the Sterile Processing Technician III will be responsible for decontamination and assembly of equipment, instruments, and sterilization of supplies following established assembling, wrapping, sterilizing and documenting procedures. Works closely with user departments for supplies and equipment and maintains established inventory levels of sterile instrumentation/supplies. Inspects and identifies instruments needing repair by following established repair procedures. Takes an active role in quality control/assurance, team leader and staff training. Assists and participates in process improvement initiatives. Performs related duties as required.
Note: New Hires must successfully pass a background check, a prohibited substance screening and a pre-employment physical.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
• Education: High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum Experience: Five years of experience in Sterile Processing including decontamination, wrapping and sterilization preferred.
• Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST).
• Proficient computer skills as it relates to the job and Cedars Sinai processes & procedures as demonstrated by the CSMC computer assessment evaluation.
• Ability to train, orient and precept staff. Ability to function as a resource to staff and supervisors.
• Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Use independent judgment and initiative within established policies and procedures.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Familiarity and experience in the following areas:
o Understanding/knowledge of workflow principles and infection control.
o Application of sterilization principles and operate steam sterilizers.
o Knowledge of surgical instrumentation including surgical specialties.
Knowledge of patient care equipment and its use.
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
• The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
• Able to stand or walk 75% of the time and push, pull, or lift up to 50 pounds.
Exercises care in lifting and handling equipment and surgical instrument trays.
- Working Title: Steril Proc Tech III Prdm - Sterile Processing
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0747004 - Sterile Processing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Allied Health/Clinical
- Job Specialty: Other Allied Health
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 1st shift
- Days: Departmental Schedule
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map