Are you ready to bring your expert clinical skills to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the country for cardiology? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The Smidt Heart Institute is home to a distinguished team of specialists who are setting the bar for cardiovascular care in the United States.
The Institute unites 16 centers and programs to diagnose and treat the full spectrum of heart and vascular conditions for all patients, from infants to those with advanced disease. Compassionate care is integrated with an agile research enterprise, giving patients access to pioneering treatments.
The advanced diagnostic services provided by Cedars-Sinai doctors, nurses and cardiac imaging specialists pave the way for a more comprehensive understanding of your condition, to allow for an innovative and unique care plan.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Assist with Transesophageal echocardiogram, cardioversion, tilt table testing, stress tests (pharmacological/non-pharmacological), and patient care coordination
- Maintain competency skills including ability to deliver care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Identify the ability of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient to understand direction/instructions.
- Monitor for safety concerns in the age-related populations and institute additional measures to provide a safe environment and identify development breakthroughs
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN License required
- CCRN, Cardiac RN or other specialty certification required or willing to obtain within one year from start date
- ACLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- A minimum of 3 years of acute care nursing experience required
- Working Title: Staff Nurse II - Cardiac-Pulm Rehab -Perdiem
- Department: Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later