- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Sr. Tax AccountantRequisition # 19000598 Apply Now
What will I be doing in this role?
Our tax accountant will be responsible for preparation of tax-exempt Federal and state returns for the organization and its affiliates.
- Preparation of for-profit Federal and state corporate returns.
- Preparation of property tax and welfare exemption returns.
- Preparation of sales and use tax returns.
- Preparation of business tax and parking tax returns.
- Research complex tax issues.
- Coordinate and communicate with various taxing authorities and auditors.
- Preparation of Statements of Information for the organization and its affiliates.
- Preparation of filing renewals with the LA County Registrar/Recorder office.
- Provide expert advice and assistance as needed to Medical Center departments and affiliates.
- Reconcile GL accounts associated with taxes and license and resolve any discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
Education required:BS or BA degree in Accounting or accounting-related required
Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in the area of tax reporting and preparation
What skills are we looking for?
- Recent public accounting experience required
- CPA strongly preferred
- Prior work experience with a healthcare facility or non-profit organization preferred
- Strong knowledge of tax laws and tax principles
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and outstanding self-review skills required
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills including excellent spelling/grammar
- Proficient in the use of accounting software, tax software and Microsoft Office
- Working Title: Sr. Tax Accountant
- Department: Tax Department
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Finance
- Job Specialty: Accounting
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map