The Senior Manager, Imaging is responsible for the daily twenty-four (24) hour planning, organizing, directing and controlling of the daily operations and clinical practice of assigned patient care areas, in order to provide quality, individualized patient care and support of Cedars-Sinai philosophies. The Senior Manager assumes fiscal responsibility through preparation of unit budgets, serves as liaison with medical staff and other personnel, promotes the maximum growth and development of each employee, supports research, participates in strategic planning, both long and short term, and assures patient advocacy. Guides staff in meeting customer's needs consistent with Cedars-Sinai philosophy, mission, vision, strategic plan, and the Plan for Provision of Care, the Patient Education Plan, and Professional Organizational Standards.
The Senior Manager maintains competency skills including the ability to provide imaging services to patients with diverse cultural backgrounds. Responsible for assuring staff competency in provision of age related patient care. Identifies safety concerns and institute measures to provide a safe environment and provide appropriate assessment, intervention and evaluation of patients with consideration of developmental milestones in the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient population. The Senior Manager is responsible for assuring staff competency in the provision of age related patient care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages the delivery of Imaging services for The Angeles Clinic Imaging Dept. Promotes continuous quality improvement of systems and processes.
• Develops business and/or operations plans for assigned areas; evaluates and introduces new procedures and instruments for diagnostic processes.
• Manages the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans, including supporting business, budget and financial plans for assigned areas consistent with the strategic plan and growth objectives of the medical center. Oversees division fiscal affairs, including expense reduction, utilization management and budget control.
• Works collaboratively with other institutional leadership to ensure the goals of the department and the organization are met in providing quality patient care and excellence in patient experience. Focuses externally to form and build relationships with other institution departments
• Provides leadership, coaching and opportunities for professional development to facilitate work processes, collaboration and quality outcomes. Sets reasonable goals and objectives and meets them within the specified time frames.
• Leads and manages people including staffing, hiring, developing, motivating and retaining people to meet unit objectives. Responsible for onboarding and departmental orientations, performance management, coaching and training, compensation, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
• Promotes, articulates, and communicates an organizational focus and vision by establishing goals consistent with organizational goals, facilitating collaboration and coordination for intradepartmental and interdepartmental problem-solving and supporting new concepts that enhance the functioning of unit operations.
• Responsible for department compliance with applicable federal and state, regulations and standards. Ensures all safety standards are maintained.
• Maintains positive work climate, ensures appropriate staff education, promotes environment that fosters self-directed staff, assists employees to develop and contribute to the organization, and applies human resource policies fairly and consistently. Promotes leadership behaviors and cultural values as defined in the Cedars-Sinai mission and vision.
• Assures that the department maintains a patient focus by serving as a role model with consistent focus of customer relations, providing feedback regarding positive and negative patient comments and participating in customer satisfaction initiatives.
• Provides routine reports related to the operational status and progress to Executive Management.
• Promotes effective collaboration and teamwork among individuals of multiple disciplines and across organizational boundaries. Collaborates with colleagues to meet the educational goals of the department.
• Represents the institution through personal contacts, civic, professional organization committees and educational activities.
- Vocational/Technical Diploma in Imaging Sciences, Medical Technology required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Imaging Sciences, Medical Technology, Public Health Administration or other related field preferred
- 4 years of Hospital or Outpatient Center Imaging Experience or related field required
- 2 years of supervisory/managerial experience required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Certified Imaging Technologist credential preferred in related modality
- Current California Radiology licensure with Fluoroscopy permit (preferred that hire holds and maintains license)
- Working Title: Sr. Imaging Manager
- Department: Angeles Clinic - Wilshire
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later