Make a difference in Human Resources!
An exceptional health system needs to engage top talent to achieve its mission of providing extraordinary healthcare. That requires a world-class Human Resources function, and that’s what we’re delivering. Join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. We’re improving our technology, energizing interpersonal climate, facilitating change, and enabling talent. The healthcare industry is exciting! Cedars-Sinai Human Resources is pursuing outstanding service and support for a hardworking workforce passionate about those challenges, engaged in their work, and deft in their ability to adapt to the constantly evolving environment!
What will I be doing in this role?
- With limited supervision, the Senior HR Compliance Specialist provides HR compliance and consultation services related to local, state and federal laws and regulations, HR policies and procedures, equal employment opportunity requirements, employment litigation, federal and state employment laws and regulations, and/or other compliance or regulatory matters.
- Promotes compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations by leading through influence, providing consultative and/or investigation services and serving as a resource to other departments and Cedars-Sinai management regarding employment law, HR policies and/or other compliance and regulatory matters. Coordinates and works collaboratively with Human Resources, appropriate departments and related stakeholders.
- With limited supervision, oversees and manages active and pending employment litigation matters, including working directly with internal stakeholders and outside counsel. Responsible for managing full cycle litigation from initial complaint or demand letter through discovery to trial/arbitration.
- Supports the reduction of the organization's exposure to legal risk by developing and contributing to training programs or educational materials for Human Resources and organizational leadership.
- Leads or participates in special projects related to either departmental and/or organization needs as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED, minimum
Bachelor's Degree Human Resources or a related field, preferred
Doctorate Degree Juris Doctor (J.D.) Degree of Law, preferred
Licensed attorney in California, preferred
5 years Compliance, Human Resources, Litigation and/or other Legal Experience - Minimum
7 years Compliance, Human Resources, Litigation and/or other Legal Experience - Preferred
Sit at a desk or table with some walking, standing, bending, stooping, or carrying of light objects.
Perform continuous operation of a personal computer for four hours or more.
Use hands and fingers to handle and manipulate objects and/or operate equipment.
Working Title: Sr. HR Compliance Specialist - Litigation
Department: HR Compliance&Labor Relations
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Compliance/Quality
Job Specialty: HR Compliance
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$95,400.00 - $152,500.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision (PDF) (opens in new window)
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All (opens in new window).
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars-Sinai’s AA Policy Statement (PDF) (opens in new window)