- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Sr. Desktop EngineerRequisition # E10099 Apply Now
Responsible for the development, testing, distribution, and maintenance of more complex/critical workstation images that incorporate the operating system and various applications, including office automation software, browsers, clinical and business application software, backup, anti-spyware, and anti-virus agents. Other tasks include the maintenance and operation of servers that support anti-virus and remote management tools, maintenance of hardware and software license inventories, patch management and upgrades (both operating system and application software), the development of standards for workstations (hardware, operating system, and core applications), development of deployment and troubleshooting standards, and securing the desktop environment. Serves as a mentor for less experienced staff.
1. Creates, tests, and reviews workstation images of others, and prepares them for distribution
2. Provides third level support for helpdesk, tier 1, tier 2, and other EIS team members
3. Prepares, tests, and reviews desktop engineer software packages for remote distribution for critical workstations, eg ICU Workstations
4. Establishes relationships with our business units and increase productivity with automation, operational efficiency and security initiatives
5. Assess our environment for gaps in security and process efficiency to improve overall business productivity
6. Administers and monitors remote software distribution process, and assist EIS deployment staff as needed
7. Administers desktop administration tools and innovates with automation for enterprise desktop management
8. Assesses and engineers computers and peripheral configuration for integration into health system applications
9. Creates and reviews other team member’s system documentation and procedures for operating system configuration, client application installation, remote deployment, imaging, peripheral setup etc.
10. Responsible for monitoring and/or mentoring the work of Desktop Engineer, phone support, tier 1, and tier 2
11. Functions as a technical resource to other EIS staff as well as other departmental application and system managers.
12. Serves as project lead for workstation engineering projects
13. Provides after-hours support via the Help Desk as part of an on-call rotation.
14. Complies with, recommends, and implements enterprise policies for security and confidentiality.
15. Participates in multidisciplinary requirements definition and vendor selection teams; takes a lead role in providing reviews and technology for end user computing devices and peripherals.
• Participate in team on-call support during off-business hours
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field; equivalent combination of education and 5+ years of IT engineering work experience is acceptable.
• Requires Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP). Or equivalent combination of certification and 5+ years of IT engineering work experience is acceptable.
• Other certifications such as Epic and SCCM certifications are highly desired.
• Seven (5+) years of strong working experience with Core OS, Networking for all Windows platforms.
• Five (5) years experience with the following: Remote software distribution (including package creation and deployment), push technology, automation and remote administration of workstations in a large enterprise environment 10+ seats.
• Requires the ability to establish relationships with the business units and provide solutions to improve productivity and efficiency with technology
• Requires ability Enterprise level device management of 18k + total devices
• Requires ability to be strategic in planning of IT initiatives such as large-scale delivery of software and settings
• Requires knowledge and foundational competency in cloud-based services such as Office 365, WaaS, Azure.
• Strong Working knowledge of hardware and software to include: assembly and testing of workstations and peripherals, installation and configuration of
backup software, antivirus software, network operating systems, file servers, print servers, web servers, browsers, database servers, and client software.
• Strong working knowledge with a network environment to include: Name resolution and network protocols (TCP/IP)
• Demonstrated understanding of the needs of healthcare and the priorities of patient care providers.
• Competent with mainstream office automation, project management, presentation, and communications tools.
• Must be self-motivated, creative, highly organized, with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage own time effectively.
• Must be flexible and adaptable, functions well as a team player, remains calm and cheerful under stressful conditions, and is comfortable working with diverse skill sets and personalities.
• Above average oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Working Title: Sr. Desktop Engineer
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0848037 - Client Engineering
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology/Telecom
- Job Specialty: Technology Architecture
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8am - 5pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map