Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We provide an outstanding benefits package, along with competitive compensation. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
What will you be doing in this role?
The Sr. Assistant performs a broad range of clerical, administrative and general office activities in order to support the facilitation of administrative workflow within the department and/or unit. Supports an individual or multiple staff members by arranging their schedules, appointments, and itineraries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules appointments and meetings. Makes arrangements for meetings, conferences, or travel for an individual, group or department.
- Researches and responds to inquiries and calls, may escalate to other levels of the organization as appropriate.
- Formats, types, and edits correspondence, documents, memos, reports, meeting minutes and/or presentation materials.
- Compiles financial and operational data from multiple sources to assist management in preparing and monitoring budget and workforce planning and/or other department reports. May prepare summary of information or data.
- Distributes and disseminates information within the department and/or unit.
- Orders supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Submits, monitors and tracks invoices, reimbursements, and supply management. May assist with preparation and submission of expense reports.
- Establishes and maintains an internal filing system.
- May act as or support the Staff Development Advisory Network (SDAN), Safety Representative and/or Kronos editor within the department and or unit.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 2+ years of office and administrative experience
- Working Title: Sr. Administrative Assistant- Pediatrics
- Department: Peds Primary Care
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later