Consider this great opportunity and let us learn more about you!
Cedars-Sinai is a national leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered healthcare encompassing primary care as well as niche medicine and conducting research that leads to lifesaving discoveries and innovations. Since its beginning in 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the healthcare needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, continually setting new standards in quality and innovation in patient care, research, teaching, and community service.
Today, Cedars-Sinai is widely known for its national leadership in redefining healthcare for the benefit of patients. Cedars-Sinai impacts the future of healthcare globally by developing new approaches to treatment and educating tomorrow’s physicians and other health professionals. At the same time, Cedars-Sinai demonstrates a longstanding dedication to strengthening the Los Angeles community through multifaceted programs that improve the health of its most vulnerable residents.
Supporting the Neurosciences department as a Sr. Administrative Assistant, you will support the clinical and administrative operations of both Neurology and Neurosurgery. You will be responsible for ordering supplies, submitting check requests, preparation of expense reports, arranging for equipment maintenance, and general office/workstation coordination. This position supports two Associate Directors by scheduling appointments and meetings, report/data preparation, and taking meeting minutes as necessary. May support additional leadership individuals as necessary. Completes special projects as directed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates arrangements for meetings, conferences, or travel for an individual or group or department.
- Researches and responds to inquiries and calls, may escalate to other levels of the organization as appropriate.
- Establishes procedures and systems to ensure orderly and timely flow of the office operations.
- Edits documents suitable for publications and distributions; ability to edit materials for punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
- May act as or support the Staff Development Advisory Network (SDAN), Safety Representative and/or Kronos editor within the department and/or unit.
- Responds timely, effectively, and appropriately to deliverables.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED, required.
- Completion of project management courses, preferred.
Experience & Skillset:
- Minimum 2 years office and administrative experience, required.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully support management team.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and / or manage complex and competing priorities.
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate time management and priority setting skills.
- Ability to establish good rapport with interdepartmental stakeholders.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (outlook, word, excel, powerpoint).
- Experience working in a healthcare setting preferred.
Sitting, Standing, Walking, minimal lifting of low weight objects
- Working Title: Sr. Administrative Assistant - Neurosciences - Full-Time
- Department: Neurosurgical Department
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later