- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Sr. Administrative Assistant - Cancer Institute - Full-TimeRequisition # HRC0353678 Apply Now
Make a difference every single day!
At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals - and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – perfection and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have phenomenal resources to do something incredible.
The Cancer Institute is currently seeking a highly motivated Sr. Administrative Assistant who enjoys and excels at providing administrative support in a team environment.
What will you be doing in this role?
The Sr. Administrative Assistant performs a broad range of clerical, administrative and general office activities in order to support the facilitation of administrative workflow within the department and/or unit. Supports an individual or multiple staff members by arranging their schedules, appointments and itineraries.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- College Diploma preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of administrative experience such experience demonstrating ability to independently establish administrative and office procedures; ability to identify problems and resourcefulness to resolve them independently and on own initiative required
- Demonstrated ability to compose letters, policy statements, procedure manuals and reports on own initiative; ability to organize complex statistical and narrative reports, charts and exhibits into a complete document suitable for publication and distribution
- Ability to edit material and ensure correct punctuation, spelling and grammar
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations
- Proficient to advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience demonstrating the ability to handle multiple tasks frequently with short timelines, to prioritize and organize work, and to complete assignments in a timely accurate manner
- Ability to interact effectively with Directors, Managers, patients, internal staff and representatives of public agencies and businesses
- Working Title: Sr. Administrative Assistant - Cancer Institute - Full-Time
- Department: Cancer Institute
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map