Speech-Language Pathologist - Per DiemRequisition # 20000770 Apply Now
The Speech-Language Pathologist - Per Diem evaluates and treats patients in accordance with the prescription of the physician. Provides patient care consistent with Scope of Practice Standards and Code of Ethics; the Plan for the Provision of Care to Patients, the Plan for Corporate Compliance, the Performance Improvement Plan and Patient Education Plan. Assists in the continuous quality improvement process and in the education and training of students and assists in divisional growth and cohesiveness to ensure a high quality of therapy care.
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree and graduate of an accredited Speech-Language Pathology program.
- Preferred: Master's degree and graduate of an accredited Speech-Language Pathology program.
- Preferred: Doctorate degree and completion of formal speech-language pathology education ad training from an accredited institution required for licensure.
- Current Speech-Language Pathologist license per California State requirements.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification from American Heart Association.
- One (1) year of experience as a practicing Speech-Language Therapist.
- Experience performing evaluations, designing and implementing treatment plans, and providing education in a manner appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Experience with assessment and intervention techniques in a medical physical disabilities setting.
- Working Title: Speech-Language Pathologist - Per Diem
- Department: Speech Therapy-I/P
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Therapy / Rehab
- Job Specialty: Speech Therapy
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map