- Information Technology
- Medical Network
SPD Instrument Technician/OR LiaisonRequisition # 20003385 Apply Now
What you will be doing in this role:
The Sterile Processing Instrument Technician requires in-depth knowledge of sterilization practices and standards, decontamination and assembly within the surgical services area in an acute care hospital. Incumbent will have case load specific knowledge of equipment, instruments and supplies used on all cases for the assigned OR unit. Responsibilities also include building case carts and making OR rounds to monitor and maintain inventory par levels of trays in the sterile storage area, the unit specific peel packs, and anticipate and meet the needs of the assigned OR unit. Active participation in process
improvement, quality assurance, training, orienting and/or precept of staff. Performs other related duties as required.
Primary duties and responsibilities in order of most significance:
• Works closely with Operating Room (OR) Services staff to review the Surgical Schedule for the assigned OR unit in advance
to build case carts. Maintains schedules and carts for emergency or add-on cases as necessary.
• Conducts routine rounds on assigned Operating Room (OR) floors and acts as the primary liaison for OR Services staff to
ensure instruments needs and requests are filled timely as to not impact patient care.
• Maintains Sterile Storage Stock and routinely inspects instruments and keeps inventory including maintenance of set par
levels, rotation of trays in storage and checking expiration dates as applicable. Ensures clean and orderly supply area.
• Facilitates communication between Operating Room (OR) and Sterile Processing Department (SPD) regarding status of
trays, needs lists, instruments in need of repair, and new instrument requests.
• Assists with distribution, processing and decontamination of supplies and equipment as required; responsible for
maintenance of selected items; responsible for Immediate-Use-Steam Sterilization process per standard guidelines.
- Working Title: SPD Instrument Technician/OR Liaison
- Department: Sterile Processing
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: Sterile Processing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map