Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 times for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We provide an outstanding benefit package, with competitive compensation. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
What will I be doing in this role?
In addition to the following customary to Social Work duties:
- Mandated reporting (Child Abuse/Neglect) and (Elder Abuse/Neglect) reporting and investigation
- Crisis Intervention
- Substance abuse and mental health referrals
- Ombudsman reporting
- Homeless patients (resources/placement). Assure compliance with SB 1152
Roles and Responsibilities specific to Emergency Department Social Work position include:
- Attend all traumas and identify patients and their next of kin
- Death notifications and follow up
- Sexual Assault support, reporting and coordination of care
- Domestic Violence support, reporting when applicable and requested and coordination of care and safe discharge
- Assault reporting, when applicable and requested by patient (Interface with law enforcement)
- Human Trafficking identification, support, coordination of care and reporting, when requested
- Serve on various ED and hospital councils, committees, task forces
- Consults with DMH for referrals to outpatient clinics.
- Masters Degree in Social Work required.
- One or more years of acute care hospital experience required.
- Emergency Department experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Shifts vary - day, night, evening, weekends.
- Working Title: Social Worker MSW Prdm
- Department: Dir-Med Social Services
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Patient Services
- Job Specialty: Social Work
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later