Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 times for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year, 3 years in a row. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We hire people who are passionate about helping others and committed to being a blessing to our community. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
What will you be doing in this role?
As a Social Worker you will provide a full range of social work services in collaboration with other CSMC staff to meet the psychosocial and discharge planning needs of patients/families/significant others. The duties for this role include:
- Active participation in Department's continuing education/staff development programs. Involved in program planning in assigned service areas along with the organization of social work activities
- Providing social work services to patients and their families with psychosocial needs to assure patients receive benefit from medical and/or psychiatric care and post-hospital planning.
- Psychosocial evaluation -- identification of problems affecting optimal patient care and the development of a treatment plan
- Crisis intervention
- Individual and family counseling
- Discharge planning and case coordination
- Interdisciplinary discussion of psychosocial implications of illness including consultation regarding treatments and resources designed to solve the problems of the patients
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with community health, welfare, and social agencies
- Initiating program planning and development in assigned services/programs
- Masters Degree in Social Work required.
- One or more years of acute care hospital experience required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Availablility - Weekends
- Working Title: Social Worker MSW Prdm - Weekends
- Department: Dir-Med Social Services
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Patient Services
- Job Specialty: Social Work
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later