Los Angeles, California
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we’re proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0742148
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing in this role:
The ServiceNow Developer is responsible for application development supporting business objectives while providing expertise in all phases of the software development lifecycle (conception, design, testing, production, and maintenance). Analyses, designs, and builds applications using standard application design patterns and detailed approaches to application integration. Works on new and existing applications. Performs hands-on development, mentors junior developers, and assists in architecting solutions. Serves as liaison to internal customers, research groups and various business support areas.
- Design and develop solutions in ServiceNow, including forms, workflows, interfaces, and custom code.
- Gather requirements, test, build and implement solutions based on customer requirements.
- Configure and improve core application, including, but not limited to, Service Catalog, Service Portal, Incidents, Change, Knowledge Base, and Reporting.
- Administration of the ServiceNow platform, including issue and performance mitigation, and health checks.
- Ability to write clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation. (like requirements, system architecture design, use case diagrams, sequence diagrams and class diagrams)
- Work within established best practices for development and testing with Agile framework. Define detailed requirements in working with the process owners in the form of stories for development with detailed design elements for each story captured.
- Three (3)+ years of experience managing application design, software development, and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience using various programming and scripting languages.
- Demonstrated grasp of relational data modeling techniques.
- Understanding of Unified Modeling Language tools and how they are applied to OO design.
- Solid grasp with Unix, Linux, and Windows operating systems.
- Expertise in system performance tuning.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or related discipline. (preferred)
Certified ServiceNow Administrator. (preferred)
ITIL v3 Certification or equivalent practical experience.
- Working Title: ServiceNow Developer
- Department: EIS Research & Development
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Software/Application Development
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Expand your horizons by working and learning along side the best in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.