QA Engineer (Manual & ADA Testing) - Hybrid
Los Angeles, California
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we’re proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 23000123
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Consumer Digital Innovation team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true mobile and web transformation and the optimization of a digital platform implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has been ranked the #1 hospital in California and #2 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, 2022‑23. Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing in this role:
This QA Engineer will be responsible for coordinating and performing testing activities for our patient facing website and mobile app related projects. Review requirements specification and technical specification with business and core project team to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Develops sophisticated test plans and scripts from functional and business specifications, and undocumented changes.
- Design and build Cypress automation framework to support integration, regression, and functional testing
- Automate repeated tasks, execute, and maintain test scripts to improve Velocity, Quality, and Coverage.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Assist in development and reporting of Quality Measures.
- Find and report defects with detailed and accurate steps to reproduce.
- Test and support ‘Change Requests’ during production implementation and troubleshoot any technical or functional issues that come up during the production implementation.
- Follow-up with development staff to research, isolate and resolve escalated testing issues.
- Perform thorough functional and regression testing of websites and mobile apps across browsers and devices to ensure the quality of results.
- Build or expand QA automation modules where applicable.
- Test website for web accessibility (Section 508, WCAG 2.1 AA) performance and scalability, identify and support remediation of issues.
- Five (5)+ years of QA experience in large scale web and mobile application testing.
- Solid grasp of Manual and ADA testing experience preferred.
- Experience in performing functional, integration, and regression testing.
- Experience with Web Accessibility testing.
- Solid understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- In depth understanding of all pieces of the Software Development Lifecycle and of testing methodologies.
- Must understand basic concept of HTML DOM elements and REST API.
- Proven experience in planning/writing, executing, and maintaining manual and automated test suites.
- Interpret business rules, requirements, and requests and translate them into measurable test cases.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field. (preferred)
Working Title: QA Engineer (Manual & ADA Testing) - Hybrid
Department: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Specialty: IT Quality Assurance/QC
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Base Pay:$85,900.00 - $137,300.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Expand your horizons by working and learning along side the best in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.