Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
Physician Assistants in our 24-bed Surgical, Trauma and Transplant Intensive Care Unit (SICU) care for patients with the highest severity of illness of all the patients in the hospital. We use up-to-date technology and advanced bedside monitoring and computerized documentation, and a team approach to patient centered care with highly skilled multidisciplinary team members and knowledgeable dedicated staff. Our patient population includes critically ill trauma and solid organ transplant patients.
- Under the supervision of the SICU Medical Director and within the physician assistant’s competence, the Physician Assistant (PA) provides preliminary assessment/evaluation in the SICU.
- You will be clinically responsible and accountable for the application of the PA standard of care and scope process. This will include patient care, consultative services, education (patient, family, and self), and other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and / or SICU Medical Director.
- You will report to the Executive Director with a courtesy reporting line to the SICU Medical Director and performs under the direction of the supervising physician.
- You will develop and implement patient management plans and assist in provision of continuity of care.
- You will collaborate with surgeons, nurse practitioners, nurses, and other medical personnel, and clinically manage patients as determined by the supervising physician.
- In addition to providing direct patient care under the supervision of the directing physician (s), the PA provides guidance, direction, and assistance to the health care team in maintaining optimum quality health care for patients.
- You will follow guidelines of the California Physician Assistant Committee and acts as an agent of the supervising physician when performing any authorized activity.
- Graduate from a PA program approved by Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid California PA license required
- PA certification issued by national Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants required
- DEA License required
- Current ACLS certification required
- 2 years of experience managing SICU patients preferred
- ICU experience required
- 3+ years experience as a Physician Assistant
Coverage: Primarily coverage of evening and night hours, including on weekends, after a period of orientation. Schedule flexibility is desired, as coverage may be altered based on the team size.
Working Title: Senior Physician Assistant - Surgical ICU Nights
Department: Minimally Invasive Surg M/S
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Clinical Operations
Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (PA)
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 12 hour shift
Shift Type: Night
Base Pay:$159,200.00 - $254,500.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars-Sinai’s AA Policy Statement