Senior HR Records RepRequisition # 20000106 Apply Now
What do employees of a world-class health system deserve? World-class Human Resources.
An exceptional health system needs to engage top talent to achieve its mission of providing world-class healthcare. That requires a world-class Human Resources function, and that’s what we’re delivering. Join us and make a difference every single day in service of this extraordinary work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. We’re improving our technology, energizing our climate, facilitating change, and enabling talent. The healthcare industry has never been more rewarding, and Cedars-Sinai Human Resources is pursuing extraordinary service and support for a dedicated workforce inspired by providing the best patient care, engaged in their work, and deft in their ability to adapt to the ever-changing environment.
The Sr. Records Representative Job Duties:
- Responsible for all personnel actions in for all levels of staff in client departments.
- Collaborates across HR functions to maintain employee data integrity and resolve issues and/or discrepancies as they arise.
- Responds to employee inquiries via phone and/or email and triage inquiries as appropriate.
- Serve as lead trainer and auditor of Records staff.
- Serve as point person for internal projects and participate as representative of Records team on external projects.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the Records department.
- Collaborate across HR functions to ensure that personnel functions are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Interact with third party administrators as well as local, state and federal agencies as needed regarding benefits, COBRA, and unemployment.
- Lead operational efficiency efforts by suggesting enhancements and working with EIS to implement initiatives.
- Process Nursing certifications (new and renewal) and education (BSN/MSN) as an additional component of pay. Follow compensation guidelines for certifications and education pay and ensure accurate and timely documentation in electronic record (HCM/Lawson).
- Participate in mass add-in team and work with HR Data Management (HRDM) to validate data on upload spreadsheets. Communicate discrepancies with the departments and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Serve as lead trainer and auditor of Records staff. Review various audit reports and correct discrepancies or distribute the report to appropriate individual for correction.
- Provide customer service via telephone to clients inclusive of employees, visitors, financial institutions, vendors, etc. If needed, triage calls to the appropriate department. Maintain confidentiality regarding information released over the phone.
- Follow up on all emails and voicemail messages in a timely manner to resolve pending issues so that paperwork is completed accurately and transactions are processed within appropriate time lines.
High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
3-5 years HR data entry experience required. Previous HCM experience preferred.
- Working Title: Senior HR Records Rep
- Department: HR Service Center
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Human Resources
- Job Specialty: HR Data Mgmt/Technology
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map