- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Senior Donor Relations OfficerRequisition # 30131 Apply Now
As a member of the Professional Staff in the Community Relations and Development Department, the Senior Donor Relations Officer will offer knowledge, experience, and ideas in innovative best practice recognition and stewardship activities in support of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center’s donor relations, donor engagement and fundraising activities. He/she needs to be able to work seamlessly in a team development environment, with many team members across all disciplines and departments of Cedars-Sinai (major gifts, foundation relations, development communications, marketing, medical faculty, etc.). The Senior Donor Relations Officer will be responsible for strategic development, management, tracking and the execution of multi-year customized/targeted stewardship engagement plans in collaboration with development officers. He/she will execute a comprehensive donor recognition program, including augmentation of current donor services. The candidate will work closely on a variety of donor relations and campaign initiatives (i.e. Donor Honor Roll, publications, donor profiles, campaign focused milestone reports, etc.). The Senior Donor Relations Officer’s scope of responsibilities also includes collaborating on other important stewardship projects within the department. He/she will have a high level of attention to detail; high desire to meet the objectives and needs of internal clients and stakeholders; high desire to develop engaging donor relations content and experiences. Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can multitask on a variety of different projects; handles competing priorities and pressures well. Prepares status reports on project plants, progress and results of activities. The candidate may provide lead direction, supervision, and/or training to junior staff. Candidate will interface and provide direction to other intra-department teams to help create a donor-centric environment.
• Minimum five years of professional experience in fundraising and development with progressive responsibility. Prior experience in frontline development, donor relations, and stewardship required.
• Hands-on experience in supervising and/or managing professional and support staff.
• A solid understanding of fundraising principles and best practices.
• Demonstrated independence and resourcefulness, while working within the framework of an integrated development program and team-oriented environment.
• Ability to work independently, work under pressure and use independent judgment.
• Excellent writing, editing, and research skills, complemented by devoted attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to prioritize projects and manage multiple assignments.
• Ability to maintain discretion regarding confidential and sensitive information.
• Ability to navigate a complex organization and demonstrating sound judgment in handling multiple personalities and situations.
• Prior experience in a healthcare setting or higher-education institution a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Experience with The Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database system is essential.
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
- Working Title: Senior Donor Relations Officer
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0863105 - Comm Rels Donor Relations
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Communications
- Job Specialty: Communications
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: tbd
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Flexible
- Weekends: None
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map