- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Senior Database AnalystRequisition # E10069 Apply Now
Works with users throughout the organization defining requirements for Enterprise Data Warehouse. Serves as the primary liaison between users and data modeler and is experienced in translating business requests into conceptual model. Works independently on metadata that includes data element definition, identifying stakeholder of the data. Works in conjunction with business analysts, application developers, data quality specialists resolving data quality issues.
Maintaining Enterprise Data Warehouse intranet website.
1. Leads the analysis of project scope and time lines and defines project requirements. For each assignment, develops a detailed project plan, tasks, milestones, and estimated hours. Works within the established plans.
2. Facilitates translation of user requests into programmable specifications. This includes interviewing users to extract business requirements. Follows EIS standards and uses EIS templates in gathering and documenting database design and requirements.
3. Independently designs Conceptual models. Works with Data Modeler or Data Architect on logical and physical data models. Uses EIS standard tools to build and document data models. Works with users, team members on data dictionaries.
4. Work on Master Data Management, metadata, data quality and data governance.
5. Work with team members on the development of project-specific documentation, including functional requirements, technical specifications, program documentation, test plans, metadata, and process flow and business process diagrams. Validates, reviews, and edits all documentation before it is released to users; including documentation compiled by other database analysts.
6. Independently writes SQL to validate data quality and resolves business user data issues.
7. Provides support to enterprise reporting users across the organization. This includes answering questions, triaging requests to appropriate teams within EIS, and researching reported enterprise reporting errors. Designs and delivers schema training classes and documentation.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; equivalent combination of education and work experience is acceptable.
• Typically requires 8 years of experience as business analysis or data warehouse solutions.
• Hands-on experience with patient care-oriented databases and hospital-based financial and administrative database applications is preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of healthcare applications and terminology.
• Experience with Master Data Management and Data Governance is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in functional specifications, technical specifications, report design, documentation, systems analysis, user relations, and vendor interactions.
• Requires extensive knowledge of standard information technology practices related to business application development and implementation.
• Demonstrated expertise in data modeling concepts, including multi-dimensional structures is preferred.
• Demonstrated expertise in SQL.
• Competency in mainstream personal computer-based database development, office automation, project management, and communications tools.
- Working Title: Senior Database Analyst
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0848036 - Enterprise Data Warehouse
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology/Telecom
- Job Specialty: Technology Architecture
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8am - 5pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map