Senior Data Intelligence DeveloperRequisition # 20002652 Apply Now
Join us at Cedars-Sinai
Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2018 Computerworld Magazine and awarded "Most Wired, Level 10" in 2019 by Chime Healthcare's Most Wired!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes and technologies.
What will you be doing in this role?
Works with users throughout the organization in gathering requirements, designing, and developing organization-wide reports.
Responsible for the development and delivery lifecycle during the following phases:
- Requirement Assessment: Works with enterprise data intelligence analysts to analyze and understand business requirements.
- Development: Based on requirements, develops functionality by following internal development standards. Technical solution to include detailed design documentation, code, configuration, and other supporting technical documents. Incorporates end-user requests and requirements to develop enterprise reporting solutions.
- Testing: Performs unit, regression, connectivity and full end-to-end integration tests, when it applies; Supports quality insurance effort to gain user acceptance.
- Delivery: Works collaboratively with inter-departmental and cross-departmental resources to migrate new or enhanced functionality from test to production. Provides effective communication across the team as appropriate. Follows change control standards and processes for release to production.
- Facilitates design and technical meetings. Provides technical documentation to internal business and design teams.
- Deploys reports electronically using the appropriate enterprise reporting environment and strategy.
- Manages the process of moving reports into a production mode.
- Facilities the validation and testing of new or revised reports. Works with user to verify results and content, develops errors or exception reports when applicable and receives official user sign off on completed work.
- Tracks, documents, and facilitates resolution of all reporting technical issues. Keeps problem resolution log and proactively manages growth and utilization of analytic reporting products.
- Utilizes a wide-range of business intelligence tools SAS, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access and Business Objects.
- Maintains the business objects "universe" that supports report writing in that tool.
- Primary/Secondary responsibility for maintenance of all on-line production reports and associated user accounts used throughout the organization. Includes scheduling of reports, monitoring report updates from source files and notification of report availability and refresh schedule. User account management includes creation of new accounts and deletion and revision to existing accounts.
- Follows team standards, development methodology and processes for specification, implementation, testing, change management, distribution, and documentation of reports.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, or related field, required.
Master's degree in computer science, data science, or quantitative related field, preferred.
5 years' experience with SQL and expertise with a range of query tools such as Oracle, SAS, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Microsoft SQL, Tableau, etc. Hands on experience performing reporting analysis and developing custom reports.
Experience with patient care-oriented databases, hospital-based administrative database applications and data warehousing technology, system analysis, user relations, and vendor interactions. Knowledge of relation database technology and client-server applications.
Epic certified in relevant module/s.
Experience analyzing basic to moderately complex Clarity report requests, Reporting Workbench and Radar build requests.
Experience writing SQL statements and accessing relational database system.
Experience in Reporting Workbench and Radar build.
Demonstrated understanding of healthcare applications as well as the needs and priorities of patient care providers.
Technical proficiency in Reporting Workbench and Radar build.
Able to teach complex Reporting Workbench and Radar build concepts.
- Working Title: Senior Data Intelligence Developer
- Department: EIS Outcomes Management
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Corporate Services, Family & Function
- Job Specialty: UNASSIGNED
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map