Sr. Application Specialist (Epic EMR) - Laboratory information systems (LIS)Requisition # 19005117 Apply Now
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2018 Computerworld Magazine and awarded "Most Wired, Level 10" kn 2019 by Chime Healthcare's Most Wired!
Always at the forefront of technologies, Cedars-Sinai is implementing EPIC as its comprehensive electronic medical record system.
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes and technologies.
What will you be doing in this role?
Under general direction, provides an advanced level of laboratory operation and laboratory information system (LIS)/application build expertise for completing more complex assignments to meet customer goals and desired outcomes.
- Supports the implementation of various lab applications along with the integration of those systems.
- Performs modifications to existing applications that will effectively accomplish desired objectives.
- Provides advanced-level expertise on assignments/projects.
- Independently manages a portfolio of medium to large-scale and complexity work projects.
Other responsibilities include:
- Participates in the support, maintenance, and testing of clinical laboratory information systems (LIS) including databases, interfaces, and operational aspects of the laboratory.
- Performs advanced-level design, build, testing, validation, and implementation assignments/projects. Based on deep knowledge of laboratory application and operational requirements, can translate complex requirements/concepts into system specifications and configuration requirements.
- Initiates, facilitates, or leads meetings with laboratory operations end-users/business owners and other EIS teams to ensure optimal workflow design, system build for customization, and optimization of the LIS. Interacts with system and support vendors as needed.
- May be lead on team projects: translating customer needs, meeting deliverables, status reporting, and managing customer relationships and expectations.
- Fills in on various work/projects in the absence of the Team Lead.
- Identifies and works through teamwork issues; escalates work issues to Team Lead as needed.
- Participates in optimization of laboratory operational work-flow processes with end-users/business owners.
- Provides high-level expertise in LIS design integration and touch points with other Epic modules and/or other applications.
- Leads work groups within the department or within project scope.
- Attends and represents team on various Epic-related committees.
- Assists Team Lead in developing project plans and details.
- Manage and coordinate the more advanced configuration and build assignments/projects in collaboration with others.
- Ensures the research and documentation of project requirements, test plans, testing, and validation is completed.
- May coach team members in application design build testing and other tasks; ensures adequate documentation is provided for support, end-user training, and testing/validation for compliance.
- As needed, participates in new employee interviews and the on-boarding process.
- May provide day-to-day guidance to other assigned team members.
- Provides on-call support during off hours.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent combination of relevant experience, education, and training is required.
- Certification: Epic certification in a relevant module required.
What else are we looking for?
- Typically requires 4+ years of relevant work experience. Strongly prefer experience working with laboratory information systems (LIS), healthcare information systems, and clinical laboratory operations experience.
- Strong project management experience, knowledge of project management methodologies, and experience managing multiple projects required.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Exceptional skill in working independently with minimal supervision and managing multiple priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills required.
- Troubleshoots effectively and provides recommendations.
- Working Title: Sr. Application Specialist (Epic EMR) - Laboratory information systems (LIS)
- Department: Lab & Path Systems Team
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Software / Application Development
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map