Senior Clinical Quality SpecialistRequisition # 19005240 Apply Now
Make a difference every single day!
At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have great resources to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
In conjunction with the Director of Clinical Quality Information Services, the Clinical Quality Specialist works to support high-level reporting and measurement needs of various quality and patient safety reporting and improvement initiatives of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Analyzes and evaluates data and information from both internal and external sources to support patient safety and quality improvement goals. Summarizes reports and other analyses to provide actionable information to senior leadership in Medical Affairs and medical staff committees. Works collaboratively within and outside the Department.
- Master’s degree in a health care-related areas preferred
- Minimum of two years prior work experience functioning in the role of a data analyst and/or business analyst, including facilitation of performance improvement projects and/or quantitative analysis/reporting of quality and efficiency measurements. Experience in acute health care delivery setting preferred.
- Must be a functional expert on the assigned database(s) and computer software application(s) within one year of hire, if not already at time of hire.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications required. Excellent computer competency is required, including intermediate expertise with spreadsheets (e.g., Excel), presentation development, word processing.
- Some experience with analytic business intelligence tools such as MS Access, Crystal, Tableau, Hyperion Intelligence, Business Objects, or Cognos highly desirable.
- Experience with clinical quality measures, such as National Hospital Quality Measures, highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and persistence to solve difficult situations.
- Able to be flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to work in teams as well as independently
- Excellent time management skills. Ability to manage completion of multiple tasks within specified timeframes
- Ability to work independently with customers with appropriate oversight.
- Working Title: Senior Clinical Quality Specialist
- Department: Clinical Quality Info Services
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Business Systems & System Analysis
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map