- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Senior Business Development ConsultantRequisition # 19002016 Apply Now
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
We are a nonprofit academic healthcare organization serving the diverse Los Angeles community and beyond. With groundbreaking medical research achievements, education programs defining the future of healthcare, and wide-ranging community benefit activities, we’re setting new standards for quality and innovation in patient care.
Right now, our system development department is looking for a Senior Business Development Consultant to join their team on a full time basis.
Summary of this role:
This position will be responsible for evaluating, analyzing, and making recommendations on new complex business development opportunities that are presented to Cedars-Sinai in the form of completed business plans. The Sr Business Development Consultant will provide business development and planning support to the leadership across the Health System. This position also assists the Vice President and Managers with ensuring quality and consistency of business plans and products presented to senior leadership and supervises business development staff on assigned projects.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the facilitation and presentation of completed business plans to clients to consult, guide and influence business leaders on business development opportunities; including lead and/or facilitate cross functional project groups, which could include senior leadership in the organization.
- Works with Cedars-Sinai staff and leadership to define Health System growth strategies and drive the strategic planning process for the Health System and clinical departments.
- Develop and complete complex business plans by identifying, retrieving and analyzing data; convert into information required to make decisions and recommendations on new business development opportunities of large scope and impact to the organization. Also, create and design new business development approaches.
- Provide direction to business development staff on assigned projects; including reviewing and providing feedback on data and/or business plans produced by staff for quality, accuracy and consistency.
- Develop detailed financial analysis, including income statements, cash flow analysis and balance sheets; as well as economic valuations using standard acceptable methodologies for new and/or existing programs, services, and healthcare technology to evaluate new business opportunities.
Education required: Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred (example- MBA, MPH or MHA)
Experience: 3 years of experience in planning, finance, and/or business development experience in a healthcare organization or consulting organization providing services to the healthcare industry; or equivalent experience.
- Working Title: Senior Business Development Consultant
- Department: System Develpmt
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Strategic Plan / Business Dev
- Job Specialty: Strategic Planning
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map