Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of people, processes and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the standard of patient care we strive for.
What will I be doing in this role:
The Senior Epic Beaker -LIS Applications Analyst provides a sophisticated level of operational and laboratory information system (LIS)/application build expertise, particularly Epic Beaker and Epic orders, for completing more sophisticated assignments to meet customer goals and desired outcomes. Supports the implementation of lab applications along with the integration of those systems. Performs modifications to existing applications that will effectively accomplish desired objectives. Provides advanced-level expertise on assignments/projects. Independently manages a portfolio of medium to large-scale complexity work projects.
- Participates in the planning, design, build, and testing for Epic Beaker LIS implementation.
- Support, maintenance, and testing of clinical laboratory information systems (LIS) including databases, interfaces, and operational aspects of the laboratory.
- Performs advanced-level design, build, testing, validation, and implementation assignments/projects. Based on deep knowledge of laboratory application and operational requirements, can translate complex requirements/concepts into system specifications and configuration requirements.
- Initiates, facilitates, or leads meetings with laboratory operations end-users/business owners and other EIS teams to ensure efficient workflow design, system build for customization, and optimization of the LIS. Interacts with system and support vendors as needed.
- Participates in optimization of laboratory operational work-flow processes with end-users/business owners.
- Provides high-level expertise in LIS design integration and touch points with other Epic modules and/or other applications.
- Attends and represents team on various Epic-related committees.
- Assists Team Lead in developing project plans and details.
- Manage and coordinate the more sophisticated configuration and build assignments/projects in collaboration with others.
- Ensures the research and documentation of project requirements, test plans, testing, and validation is completed.
- 5+ years of LIS application build, implementation of lab applications along with the integration.
- Epic Beaker (LIS) and clinical laboratory operations experience. (preferred)
- Sunquest implementation and operations experience. (preferred).
- Solid project management experience, knowledge of project management methodologies, and experience managing multiple projects required.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and training is required.
- Epic Beaker Certification - CP and/or AP. (preferred)
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist experience/licensure (preferred)
- Working Title: Senior Beaker - LIS Applications Analyst
- Department: EIS Lab and Pathology Team
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Software/Application Development
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later