Senior Application Specialist - Epic WillowRequisition # 20000859 Apply Now
Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2018 Computerworld Magazine and awarded "Most Wired, Level 10" in 2019 by Chime Healthcare's Most Wired!
Always at the forefront of technologies, Cedars-Sinai is implementing Epic as its comprehensive electronic medical record system.
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes and technologies.
What will you be doing in this role?
Under general direction, facilitates end-user meetings, and provides an advance level of operational and application build expertise in completing the more complex assignments to meet customer goals and desired outcomes. May lead projects.
- Performs advanced level design, build and implementation assignments/ projects. Based on deep knowledge of application and operational requirements can translates complex requirement/concepts into functionality.
- Initiates, facilitates or leads meetings with end-user/business owner and other EIS teams
- May be lead on team projects: translating customer needs, meeting deliverables, status reporting, and managing customer relationships and expectations.
- Fills in on various work/projects in the absence of the Team Lead
- Identifies and works through team work issues.
- Escalates work issues to Team Lead as needed.
- Participates in re-engineering of operational work-flow processes with end-users/business owners.
- Facilitates end-user/business owner needs into system specifications and configuration requirements.
- Provides high-level expertise in design integration and touch points with other Epic modules and/or other applications.
- Leads work groups within the department or within project scope.
- Attends and represents unit on various Epic related committees (CCB, SFWG, OCD)
- Assists team lead in developing project plans and details.
- Manage and coordinate the more advanced configuration and build assignments/projects in collaboration with others.
- Provides on-call support during off hours
- As needed, participates in new employee interviews and the on-boarding process.
- May coach team members in application design build testing and other tasks; ensures adequate documentation is provided for support and end-user training.
- May provide day-to-day guidance to other assigned team members.
- May develop and maintain team on-call schedule, and provide 2nd-level support as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and training is required.
- Epic IP Willow or Willow Ambulatory certification required. Strong build skillset in variety of masterfiles.
Skills & experience we're looking for:
- Typically requires 4+ years of relevant work experience. Strongly prefer experience working with healthcare information management systems and clinical operations experience.
- Candidate should have extensive build experience (4 years+) in Willow and/or Willow Ambulatory as well as Pharmacy workflows.
- Experience in supporting and understanding various Pharmacy automation systems are preferred.
- Pharmacy related training or work experience preferred.
- Strong project management experience required.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies and experience managing multiple projects.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Exceptional skill in working independently with minimal supervision and manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including oral and written communications.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills .
- Exceptional critical thinking skills required.
- Troubleshoots effectively and provides recommendations.
- Working Title: Senior Application Specialist - Epic Willow
- Department: Rx-Willow & Chemo-Beacon Team
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Software / Application Development
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map