Senior Administrative Assistant - Pathology/Test Lab - Full-Time (Day Shift)Requisition # 19003960 Apply Now
Cedars-Sinai is a national leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered healthcare encompassing primary care as well as specialized medicine and conducting research that leads to lifesaving discoveries and innovations. Since its beginning in 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the healthcare needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, continually setting new standards in quality and innovation in patient care, research, teaching and community service.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
Performs a broad range of clerical, administrative and general office activities in order to support the facilitation of administrative workflow within the department and/or unit. Supports an individual or multiple staff members by arranging their schedules, appointments and itineraries.
Department-Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general clerical, secretarial and management support tasks, types patient reports for hematopathology office pathologists.
- Assists with special project management and assumes responsibility for day-to-day project management.
- Prepares reports and correspondence, files slides, and coordinates scheduling of bone marrow biopsies, platelet aggregometry, and processing of bone marrow slides.
- Responds to requests from physicians, fellows and residents.
- Responds to telephone and direct requests for information regarding patient cases.
- This position will require a significant use of independent judgement.
High School Diploma/GED required
Bachelor's Degree preferred
Experience and Skills:
2 years of office and administrative experience required.
Ability to handle multiple demands and/or manage complex and competing priorities.
Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines.
Ability to demonstrate time management and priority setting skills.
Ability to use software applications and operate technological devices (e.g., computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.).
Past experience in a Pathology department is a plus!
Knowledge of Word processing systems required.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Photoshop preferred.
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Working Title: Senior Administrative Assistant - Pathology/Test Lab - Full-Time (Day Shift)
- Department: Spec Test Lab
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map