Cedars-Sinai is a national leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered healthcare encompassing primary care as well as niche medicine and conducting research that leads to lifesaving discoveries and innovations. Since its beginning in 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the healthcare needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, continually setting new standards in quality and innovation in patient care, research, teaching and community service!
Today, Cedars-Sinai is widely known for its national leadership in redefining healthcare for the benefit of patients. Cedars-Sinai impacts the future of healthcare globally by developing new approaches to treatment and educating tomorrow’s physicians and other health professionals. At the same time, Cedars-Sinai demonstrates a longstanding dedication to strengthening the Los Angeles community through multifaceted programs that improve the health of its most vulnerable residents.
Provides administrative support to the Physicians and Faculty at the Kidney Transplant Program.
Primary duties include:
- Schedules appointments and meetings, Coordinates arrangements for meetings, conferences, or travel for the Kidney Faculty
- Manages complex calendars for multiple Faculty members.
- Formats, types, and edits correspondence, documents, memos, reports, meeting minutes and/or presentation materials.
- Updates Faculty CV, Biosketches, and initiates license renewals, DEA, reappointments, etc.
- Researches and responds to inquires and calls, may escalate to other levels of the organization as appropriate.
- Establishes procedures and systems to ensure orderly and timely flow of business.
- Edits documents suitable for publications and distributions; ability to edit materials for punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
- Restock office supplies as needed
- Submits, monitors and tracks invoices, reimbursements, and supply management. May assist with preparation and submission of expense reports.
- High School Diploma or GED, required. Bachelor's Degree or two years of college education with medical business office preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of office and administrative experience, required.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and / or manage complex and competing priorities.
- Ability to work with tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate time management and priority setting skills.
- Ability to use software applications and operate technological devices (e.g., computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc).
- Identify problems and resourcefulness to resolve them independently and on own initiative.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent organization skills and very detail-oriented; learns new tasks quickly; self-motivated; works well independently with minimal supervision; works well with others; able to multi-task.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Interpersonal skills for interaction with peers, patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical center.
- Working Title: Senior Administrative Assistant - Kidney Transplant
- Department: Kidney Transplant M/S
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Family & Function, Academic / Research
- Job Specialty: UNASSIGNED
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later