- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Security OfficerRequisition # 29554 Apply Now
- Must be able to work extended shifts when emergency situations warrant.
- Work in various environments including outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat.
- Must be able to work in all areas, interstitial spaces and grounds in and surrounding the medical center.
- Performs internal/external patrols of the medical center and campus buildings.
- Promptly respond to all unusual emergencies and provides timely written reports to his/her Watch Commander.
- Carries out assigned tasks and post instructions.
- Provides escort services and protects the safety of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player required in a diverse cultural setting.
Note: New Hires must successfully pass a background check, a prohibited substance screening and a pre-employment health screening.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Valid California Driver's License Required
- California Security Guard Card required.
- IAHSS certification preferred.
- Ability to read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing in communicating with visitors, staff and patients.
- Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel, general public and patients in a professional and effective manner: must be able to use initiative and independent judgement within established guidelines.
- Must be able to frequently prepare reports and logs in a neat and legible manner.
- Basic computer skills required. Will be required to complete electronic incident reports using a computer.
- Must be able to work in personal protective equipment (gloves, masks and gowns) while assisting medical staff.
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet).
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift and run as needed.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties, including lift or carry up to 80 lbs.
- Constant use of both hands, arms and fingers in reaching/handling/grasping while using radio, phone, notepad, writing reports and other administrative tasks.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with people and view security monitors.
- Working Title: Security Officer
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0842001 - SECURITY PLANT PRO
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: General/Support Services/Facilities
- Job Specialty: Security
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: tbd
- Days: Departmental Schedule
- Shift Type: Flexible
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map