- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Security Officer - Security Services - Full Time - Variable ShiftRequisition # 19002015 Apply Now
Start your career at Cedars-Sinai
Cedars-Sinai is a nonprofit academic healthcare organization serving the diverse Los Angeles community and beyond. With groundbreaking medical research achievements, education programs defining the future of healthcare, and wide-ranging community benefit activities, we’re setting new standards for quality and innovation in patient care.
The Department of Security for Cedars-Sinai provides 24/7 security services for our Medical Center and its other satellite locations. Our primary goal is to provide visitors, staff, and faculty a secure and safe environment, and do it in a courteous, professional manner that lives up to the mission of this institution that provides quality healthcare and medical research for the community it serves.
Cedars-Sinai is looking for individuals to join our Security team.
As a Security Office, you'll be responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, employees and staff. Patrol facilities and implements hospital safety and security policies. Monitor alarms and closed-circuit television systems. Assistance in both non-emergency and emergency situations.
Security Officers are subject to work in various environments including outdoor conditions such as cold, rain, or heat. Work extended shifts when emergency situations warrant. Work in all areas of the medical center including interstitial spaces. Promptly respond to all emergencies and provide detailed and timely written reports to the watch commander. Lastly, provide escort service and protect the safety of others.
- High School Education or GED required
- Valid California Driver’s License
- California Security Guard Card
- IAHSS Certification preferred
- Previous Military experience highly desirable
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet).
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift and run as needed.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties, including lift or carry up to 80 lbs.
- Constant use of both hands, arms and fingers in reaching/handling/grasping while using radio, phone, notepad, writing reports and other administrative tasks.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with people and view security monitors.
- Working Title: Security Officer - Security Services - Full Time - Variable Shift
- Department: Security Plant Pro
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Facilities
- Job Specialty: Security
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map