Research Support Assistant (Administrative role) - Smidt Heart Institute / Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Center (BSWHC) - Bairey Merz LabApply Now Share
As a Research Support Assistant, you will provide clerical support to Clinical Research Associate, Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program Administrator, Research Nurse, or Research Manager. In this role, you will provide the administrative support for research protocols by providing document management, obtaining proper signatures, and maintaining samples, kits, and study supplies. This role will comply with all federal, local, FDA, IRB, and HIPAA guidelines and regulations pertaining to the study and patient care.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides clerical support to Clinical Research Associate, Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program Administrator, Research Nurse, or Research Manager.
- Will complete data entry as required.
- Provides document management for research activities.
- Handles the process of obtaining the proper signatures for research grants and protocols.
- Provides administrative support for research protocols.
- Completes sample preparation and shipping and maintains study supplies and kits.
- Responsible for obtaining outside research records for patients enrolled in protocols.
- Schedules research meetings.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA and local Institutional Review Board.
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Participates in required training and education programs.
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Previous coursework and experience in related field.
- Must be computer literate in MS Office.
- Working Title: Research Support Assistant (Administrative role) - Smidt Heart Institute / Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Center (BSWHC) - Bairey Merz Lab
- Department: Heart Institute Operations
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later