Research Project Advisor (Hybrid/Remote Option) - Inflammatory Bowel Disease Institute
Los Angeles, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Research Project Advisor (Hybrid/Remote Option) - Inflammatory Bowel Disease Institute at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC1154636
Are you interested in following an exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places known nationally for excellence in IBD research?
Dr. Gil Melmed's clinical research team is searching for a highly motivated Research Project Advisor to be a part of an exciting opportunity within the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Institute (IBDI) at Cedars-Sinai. IBDI is a multidisciplinary basic, translational, and clinical research program devoted to Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. Dr. Melmed is working on an NIH-sponsored grant for a Pilot Study of Posaconazole in Crohn's Disease designed to evaluate the effects of oral antifungal treatment with posaconazole on active Crohn's disease (CD) activity. Additionally, Dr. Melmed is pioneering the Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Prehabilitation Program which is an evidence-based, multidisciplinary prehabilitation program that will support patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), which includes Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis, who are undergoing abdominal surgery, helping them recover and return to their lives quickly and more completely. Another groundbreaking foundation-sponsored educational training program under the direction of Dr. Melmed will be part of the institute's efforts to improve treatment approaches and prevention of IBD.
Highly qualified candidates, residing in California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Colorado, Minnesota, Florida, and Georgia, may be considered for remote work.
To learn more, please visit Gil Y. Melmed, MD | Cedars-Sinai & F. Widjaja Foundation Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
The Research Project Advisor works with the Principal Investigator or Department Head to develop and implement research programs, including project planning, identifying funding sources, preparing grant proposals, and presenting results for possible publication. Attends national meetings and conferences, identifies potential collaborators and research sponsors, and maintains relationships with colleagues and National Institutes of Health and other funding agencies. Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as departmental resource for scientific initiatives and major research projects and identifies funding opportunities.
- Communicates the feasibility of study involvement and or participation with the PI.
- Independently and as part of a team, develops and implements research programs, including project planning.
- Participates in the research and academic activities of the department.
- Prepares grant proposals and assists PI in authoring manuscripts and books for publication; and prepares presentations for both expert and lay audiences.
- Works closely with the principal investigator and is knowledgeable in the area of research specialization.
- Represents the interests of the department in inter-and intra-institutional research projects; provides expertise for research collaborations.
- Maintains excellent relationships with colleagues, locally, nationally, and internationally; has an excellent, productive relationship with the National Institutes of Health and other funding agencies.
- Superior communication skills for interactions with faculty, administrators, and employees.
- Special projects as assigned.
- May function as a bridge between laboratory, translational, and clinical research programs.
- May be responsible for research process improvement, quality assurance, and problem solving for the department.
- May develop curriculum and oversee the coordination of small and large scientific symposia.
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
Bachelor's Degree required, in Healthcare, Business Administration, Management or related field is desirable. Master's degree, preferred.
Experience & Skills:
- Seven (7) years of proven experience is required. Clinical research experience is highly desirable.
- Medical writing skills are a plus.
- Ability to apply, write, and edit new or existing grants with an understanding of grant management.
- Ability to multitask and effective time management skills including, but not limited to, prioritizing, organization, maintaining focus, and detail-orientated.
- Self-motivated and works well independently as well as others collaboratively with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with peers, patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical center.
Working Title: Research Project Advisor (Hybrid/Remote Option) - Inflammatory Bowel Disease Institute
Department: Home Dept - Gastroenterology
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Academic/Research Services
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$86,200.00 - $146,400.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.