Research Postdoctoral Scientist - Murali Lab - Structural Biology & Molecular TherapeuticsRequisition # 19005803 Apply Now
The Murali Laboratory is seeking a Postdoc to join the team!
Research in the Murali Laboratory focuses on defining the molecular basis of drug resistance mechanisms and cancer metastasis, and on developing new targeted therapeutic drugs. To learn more about this exciting work, please visit https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/labs/murali.html.
As a Postdoc, you will participate in basic science and drug discovery studies with immunology and cancer related targets. Responsibilities include gene cloning, protein expression and purification, functional assays, biophysical assays, and protein X-ray crystallography.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals but is not responsible for generating grant funds
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author
- Designs and performs experiments and keeps appropriate experimental records and documentation; analyzes the results with the Principal Investigator
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures
- Operates and maintains equipment
- Doctorate (PhD) in biochemistry, chemistry, biology, biophysics or related areas with experience in macromolecular X-ray crystallography
- Experience in X-ray crystallography required
- Experience in biophysical techniques including SPR and MST is preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment
- Working Title: Research Postdoctoral Scientist - Murali Lab - Structural Biology & Molecular Therapeutics
- Department: Home Dept-Fine
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic / Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map