Come join our team!
Cedars-Sinai offers a culture of happiness, passion, and dedication. This is one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in California and in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
What will you be doing in this role?
Under direction of the Associate Director, the Research Operations Associate manages functional activities in cooperation with the Department Chair and Division Directors. Provides administrative managerial support by implementing financial and operational activities for each group or department. Facilitates and implements the financial, grant management, operational and human resource activities. Additionally, interacts and coordinates with clinical and research managers and Principal Investigators (PI) across the institution.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and administer budgets and reconciles expenses. Track and monitor budget activities and analyze variances.
- Provide leadership and oversight of pre- and post- grant process and grant activity.
- May work directly with Department Chair and PIs to develop federal grant proposals.
- Coordinate activities with Office of Sponsored Research and other collaborators. Manage spending on grants so that all expenditures are appropriate and allowable within the grant budget and year end.
- May facilitate the faculty contracting process in coordination with Academic Human Resources.
- Coordinate required components of employee recruitment and employment life cycle including overseeing job and status changes, assisting with international employee processing, department requirements for visa renewals and department orientation.
- Serve as liaison for the PI with area supervisors and HR Business Partner.
- Ensure proactive interaction with Principal Investigators and facility personnel including Safety, IACUC and IRB.
- Responsible for supervision, management, and academic activities of research staff.
- Participate in the research and academic activities of the Institute, strategic planning, philanthropic development to support research efforts. Represent the interests of the Institute in inter-and intra-institutional research projects.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting Capital/Research projects. Prepares complex or high-level regular and ad-hoc financial reports for management. Ensures accuracy and timeliness of these reports.
- Act as departmental liaison with other departments for questions regarding Capital/Research projects; coordinates this work with department administrative staff to ensure they are aware and compliant with changing guidelines.
- Department specific job duties may include, but are not limited to, event coordination, space planning, project management, strategic planning and providing other specialized support to PIs and project work.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related research field (or equivalent related work experience) required. Master's degree preferred.
- Three (3) - five (5) years of business management experience in an academic research or healthcare environment required.
Working Title: Research Operations Associate - Guerin Children's
Department: Childrens Health Institute
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Administrative
Job Specialty: Administrative
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$78,400.00 - $133,100.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision (PDF) (opens in new window)
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All (opens in new window).
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars-Sinai’s AA Policy Statement (PDF) (opens in new window)