Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0694104
The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all our patients with cancer. Our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists work closely together to advance cancer care!
Are you looking to contribute to pioneering research? We look forward to having you join our team to collaborate on groundbreaking research!
The Research Nurse is responsible for the coordination, implementation and conduct multiple research projects as well as the practice of nursing. This includes screening, recruitment and enrollment of patients, as well as facilitating the consenting process. This individual will work under the PI to coordinate, implement and monitor progress and completion of clinical studies/trials. You will assist in development of protocols, informed consent forms, manuscripts and clinical research forms as necessary.
Primary Duties and Responibilities includes:
- Oversees the administrative functions of multi-site research studies.
- Provides nursing care to research subjects enrolled in studies and maintains continual clinical assessment of research subjects.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of assigned research protocol to coordinate the comprehensive and compliant execution of assigned protocols in accordance with research governing entity requirements, including but not limited to Sponsor, FDA and IRB requirements.
- Ensures the completion and maintenance of consent forms, case report forms, SAE’s and source documents to ensure that research is being conducted according to IRB, FDA, HSPC, HIPAA and other agency guidelines.
- Coordinates institutional, pharmaceutical and internal audits, including facilitating third party study monitoring.
- Assists PI with research study design and development of research protocols.
- May be responsible for research project budget development, identifying and classifying routine care vs. research related care, in addition to verifying that research protocol, research budget and research subject informed consent documents are consistent.
- Manages the project within established time and participates with management to establish budgets and work within budget parameters.
- Provides input for the IRB application for the department for both study origination and renewal.
- Establishes and coordinates logistical aspects of clinical research projects to achieve project objectives.
- Acts as liaison with Principal Investigators, pharmaceutical company representatives or other project funding organizations to monitor and update project progress.
- Coordinates and participates in patient screening, recruitment and scheduling, initiating research patient records, administration of questionnaires, maintaining database Excel spreadsheets, completion of case report forms, performing data edits with P.I.’s research staff, pharmaceutical company monitors, etc.
- Assists with clinical procedures, providing related patient care when required during data collection process.
- Provides nursing care and supervision required by and research subject inpatient service.
- May collate data, assist in data analysis or otherwise participate in organizing and determining project findings.
- Establishes system for monitoring and maintenance of patient data records.
- May provide technical support for the preparation of grant proposals, publications, presentations and special projects.
- Shares evening and weekend on-call responsibilities with staff.
- Participates in weekly research staff meetings.
- Protects rights and research data of research volunteers, including medical records, data, etc. Obtain necessary consent forms, or HIPAA information forms as needed, in research process.
- Associate Degree required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5 Years or more coordinating clinical research studies and clinical trials
- 2 years in data management, experience in cancer or transplant nursing, experience in federal grant proposals development and grant submissions, and knowledge of IRB clinical research application procedures preferred.
- Working Title: Research Nurse
- Department: Angeles Research
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Research (RN)
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus