Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness?
Please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We want to hear from you.
As a Research Nurse I, you will provide hands-on treatment, monitoring and follow-up clinical analysis of patients participating in clinical trials. Ensures adherence to federal and regulatory requirements in providing direct patient nursing care within the context of supporting clinical trial study implementation. Works collaboratively with the Principal Investigator, physicians and other research staff in providing hands-on care in triaging, documenting vitals, administering investigational drugs or interventions, and providing clinical educational services to participants and their families. May assist with coordinating aspects of research, including interactions with research staff and study participants, data compilation, IRB prep and submission, grant proposals, and patient recruitment/logistics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct patient nursing care to research participants. Interacts with research participants to provide nursing care, administration of research interventions and specimen collection.
- Provides clinical education services to research participants and family regarding study participation, participants current clinical condition, and or disease process.
- Monitors research participant and reports potential adverse events to a member of the research team.
- Records research data (vital signs, research compound administered, participant responses) in approved source document (medical record, data collection sheet).
- Triages patient by phone and provides clinical information to the patient. May also coordinate patient visit to follow up on clinical issues and provide necessary care.
- Assists with recruitment and logistics of study participants.
- Completes and documents study participant enrollment, assessment/reassessment, education, and follow-up activities.
- Performs and coordinates study participant interventions as required.
- Serves as a liaison between study participant and PI or other research staff.
- Prepares data spreadsheets for Investigator and/or department.
- Completes Case Report Forms.
- Assists with data compilation and documentation
- May assist with IRB prep and submission and grant proposals.
- May process, ship, track or otherwise handle research specimens.
Research Study Specific Responsibilities:
- Administer the experimental drug intravenously over 4 hours at a constant rate of infusion. *The drug will be administered every 24 hours (±1 hours) for three consecutive days for a total of 3 doses.
- Responsible for the following per protocol assessments:
- Record demographics and medical history per protocol.
- Record list of medications being taken prior to hospitalization and throughout hospitalization.
- Record vital signs closest to the time of informed consent.
- Perform an abdominal examination specifically assessing for guarding and rebound tenderness.
- Draw serum pregnancy test if the patient is a female of childbearing potential.
- Draw blood samples for PK to send to Central Lab.
- Obtain urine sample to send to central lab.
- Assist with sample preparation and shipping.
- Assess whether patient discharge is upcoming and whether study forms need to be dispensed.
- Perform AE/SAE assessment.
- Periodical assessments and blood draw once/24 hrs for patients who remain hospitalized for 10 days.
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN)/College Diploma in Nursing, required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), preferred.
- Valid and current California RN license, required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, required.
Experience and Skillset:
- One (1) year minimum clinical nursing experience, required.
- One (1) year of clinical research experience, preferred.
- Ability to convey and/or receive written/verbal information to/from various audiences in different formats.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain privacy, confidentiality or anonymity.
- Ability to interpret and apply knowledge of State, Federal and Agency standards and follow regulations.
- Working Title: Research Nurse - Per Diem - Pancreatic Medicine
- Department: Home Dept - Medicine Research
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Research (RN)
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later