Research Grants Specialist I - OB/GYN & Pediatrics - Hybrid
Los Angeles, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Research Grants Specialist I - OB/GYN & Pediatrics - Hybrid at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC1288441B
Come join our team!
The Research Grant Specialist I (RGS-I) works with the Principal Investigator (PI) and senior level research administrators to monitor grant accounts and track expenses. Provides reconciliation and research related financial reporting of federal and non-federal grants. This role performs all post-award administrative functions including, but not limited to preparing and routing internal documents for signature and processing, maintaining clear understanding of grant budgets and expenditure restrictions. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local agencies including National Institute of Health (NIH), Department of Defense (DOD), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Institutional Review Board. This position will report to senior level research administrators for day-to-day supervision of work.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the liaison between departments or research groups and Sponsored Research & Funds Administration, Accounting, and Finance departments.
- Prepares and routes internal documents for signature and processing.
- Performs all post-award administrative functions.
- Monitors federal and non-federal grant accounts, tracks expenses, project reconciliation and research-related financial reporting.
- Performs necessary funding corrections via direct cost transfer requests (DCTRs).
- Assists in the development of financial projections for project account management.
- Assists in the development and submission of progress reports.
- May enter Notice of Awards (NOAs) details into databases.
- May assist in the preparation and submission of documentation required for research compliance.
- Participates in required training and education programs.
- Assists senior level research administrators and leadership on other activities as assigned.
- Establishes effective working relationships with cross-functional team(s)
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- One (1) year of experience in administration of research grants, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and understanding grants, manuscripts and abstracts guidelines.
- Knowledge of general accounting and financial analysis required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and related applications required. Demonstrated ability to create and utilize Excel spreadsheets for budget and data tracking.
- Able to handle multiple tasks with short timelines, to prioritize work, and to complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks requiring attention to detail.
Working Title: Research Grants Specialist I - OB/GYN & Pediatrics - Hybrid
Department: OB/GYN Prof
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Contract & Grant Budgeting/Funding
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $100,000.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.