- Works with principal investigator to complete and prepare for submittal of federal, non-federal and foundation grants.
- Works as the liaison between departments or research groups and Sponsored Research & Funds Administration, Accounting, and Finance departments.
- Prepares and routes internal documents for signature and processing.
- Performs all pre- and post-award administrative functions.
- Assists with budget development and entry of financial information into federal systems.
- Ensures technical proposal is compliant with all federal, state and local agencies solicitation requirements.
- Monitors and tracks awards submitted and received.
- Monitors federal and non-federal grant accounts, tracks expenses, project reconciliation and research-related financial reporting.
- Performs necessary funding corrections via direct cost transfer requests (DCTRs).
- Assists in the development of financial projections for project account management.
- Assists in the development and submission of progress reports.
- Assists in the identification of opportunities for research funding.
- May enter notice of grant awards and contract information into databases as needed.
- May assist in the preparation and submission of documentation required for research compliance.
- Participates in required training and education programs.
- Assists the senior level grant administrators and leadership on other activities as assigned.
- Critically evaluates research protocols to assess resource needs; assessment includes all research procedures, clinical research staff time, investigator time, and costs from ancillary departments.
- Determines whether research procedures in the protocol are standard-of-care or a research-related costs in order to correctly classify expenses.
- Negotiates trial budgets with industry sponsors.
- Works closely with investigators to obtain accurate budget details.
- Works with the Cedars Sinai Medical Center (CSMC) office of Sponsored Research to develop final budgets for clinical trials and research projects.
- May assist with invoicing sponsors, patient research billing, reimbursement to ancillary departments, and payment tracking.
- BA/BS degree required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of directly related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working Title: Research Grant Specialist II - Smidt Heart Institute - Dr. Susan Cheng lab
- Department: Heart Institute Operations
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Contract & Grant Budgeting/Funding
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later