- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Research Grant Specialist IRequisition # 19000172 Apply Now
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with principal investigator to complete and prepare for submittal of federal, non-federal and foundation grants.
- Works as the liaison between departments or research groups and Sponsored Research & Funds Administration, Accounting, and Finance departments.
- Prepares and routes internal documents for signature and processing.
- Performs all pre- and post-award administrative functions.
- Assists with budget development and entry of financial information into federal systems.
- Ensures technical proposal is compliant with all federal, state and local agencies solicitation requirements.
- Monitors and tracks awards submitted and received.
- Monitors federal and non-federal grant accounts, tracks expenses, project reconciliation and research-related financial reporting.
- Performs necessary funding corrections via direct cost transfer requests (DCTRs).
- Assists in the development of financial projections for project account management.
- Assists in the development and submission of progress reports.
- Assists in the identification of opportunities for research funding.
- May enter notice of grant awards and contract information into databases as needed.
- May assist in the preparation and submission of documentation required for research compliance.
- Participates in required training and education programs.
- Assists the senior level grant administrators and leadership on other activities as assigned.
- BA/BS degree plus one-two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Increasing responsibility preferred.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and understanding of Grants, Manuscripts and Abstracts guidelines.
- Knowledge of general accounting and financial analysis required.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and related applications required.
- Demonstrated ability to create and utilize Excel spreadsheets for budget and data tracking.
- Ability to identify problems and resourcefulness to resolve them independently using own initiative.
- Able to handle multiple tasks with short timelines, to prioritize work, and to complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks requiring attention to detail.
- Ability to interact effectively with staff members at all levels of the organization.
- Must be highly organized, patient, persistent, and require minimal supervision in execution of assigned tasks.
1-4 Years of Pre and Post Award Experience.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 5lbs or more. Must be able to walk throughout the medical center. Must be able to sit for an extended period. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach overhead and or above the shoulders.
- Working Title: Research Grant Specialist I
- Department: BMS - Administrative Effort
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic / Research
- Job Specialty: UNASSIGNED
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map