- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Research Grant Specialist I - Biomedical Imaging Research Institute (BIRI)Requisition # 19000172 Apply Now
Our employees make a difference every day by providing world-class healthcare.
The Cedars-Sinai Biomedical Imaging Research Institute (BIRI) is an interdisciplinary research program established in 2010 to develop and apply state-of-the-art imaging technologies to today’s most pressing translational research and clinical questions. Led by founding director Debiao Li, PhD, the program builds on Cedars-Sinai’s clinical and research strengths, with the ultimate goal of using novel medical imaging technology to improve the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases.
As part of the BIRI Team, the Research Grant Specialist I (RGSI) Pre & Post Award will work with the PI and senior level research administrators to complete and prepare for submittal of federal, non-federal and foundation grants. You will serve as the liaison between departments or research groups, Sponsored Research & Funds Administration, Accounting and Finance departments. You will perform all pre- and post-award administrative functions, including but not limited to: preparing and routing internal documents for signature and processing, reviewing technical sections of proposals to ensure requirements are met, preparing and/or reviewing budgets, maintaining clear understanding of grant budgets and expenditure restrictions. The RGS I will report to senior level research administrators for day to day supervision of work.
- You will assist with budget development and entry of financial information into federal systems.
- You will ensure compliance with all federal, state and local agencies including the National Institute of Health (NIH), Department of Defense (DOD), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Institutional Review Board.
- Monitor and track awards submitted and received.
- Monitor federal and non-federal grant accounts, tracks expenses, project reconciliation and research-related financial reporting.
- Perform necessary funding corrections via direct cost transfer requests (DCTRs).
- You will assist in the development of financial projections for project account management.
- You will assist in the development and submission of progress reports as well as assist in the identification of opportunities for research funding.
- May enter notice of grant awards and contract information into databases as needed.
- May assist in the preparation and submission of documentation required for research compliance.
#Jobs-HERC #Jobs-Glassdoor #Jobs-LinkedIn #Jobs-NHCN
- BA/BS degree plus one-two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Growing responsibility preferred.
- Pre and Post Award Experience, highly desired
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and understanding of Grants, Manuscripts and Abstracts guidelines.
- Knowledge of general accounting and financial analysis required.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and related applications required.
- Proven ability to build and utilize Excel spreadsheets for budget and data tracking.
- Working Title: Research Grant Specialist I - Biomedical Imaging Research Institute (BIRI)
- Department: BMS - Administrative Effort
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic / Research
- Job Specialty: Contract & Grant Budgeting / Funding
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map