- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Research Associate III - Theodorescu Lab - Cancer InstituteRequisition # HRC0411055 Apply Now
Work in the Theodorescu Laboratory focuses on identifying clinically relevant oncogenic drivers or suppressors of tumor growth and metastasis and translating this knowledge into biomarkers and therapies useful in implementing precision cancer medicine. The Theodorescu Lab has a broad background in cellular and molecular biology, in vivo models of cancer and translational cancer research, including work with human tissues and clinical trials. More specifically, the lab has expertise in bioinformatics and prognostic and predictive biomarker development as well as drug discovery and development.
Join the Theodorescu lab and use your expertise with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer research.
Under general guidance, the Research Associate III provides technical scientific and/or administrative support of laboratory activities. A major role in this position is to generate data and carry out experiments using a variety of routine molecular and cell biology techniques including but not limited to western blotting, DNA/RNA preps, PCR, and cell culture. Will review and remain current on literature as it relates to research studies they are carrying out. Takes the responsibility (directly or by delegation to others) for all aspects of the lab, including but not limited to instruments, users of the lab, and supplies needed to ensure the lab runs smoothly. May be asked to provide administrative leadership and/or technical advice to other lab members. May be asked to assist and/or coordinate lab activities, including but not limited to, budgetary/financial compliance, preparation of grant proposals, and creating independent presentations. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
Visit: https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/labs/theodorescu.html for more information.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will research support (generate data and carry out experiments, data analysis, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Will organize research in conjunction with the Principal Investigator.
- Will manage daily lab operations (orientation, inventory, instrument maintenance, keeping records, etc.)
- Will monitor and ensures compliance with safety standards and procedures.
- Analyze data and prepares scientific findings for publication.
- May be asked by PI to make independent presentations.
- Lead and train Research Lab Assistants, lower level Research Associates, and other related support staff in experimental techniques and day-to-day lab operations and procedures.
- May be requested by PI to take on specific supervisory activities.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, required.
- Master of Science Degree, preferred.
- 3-5 years of technical skills and expertise in an area of study including, but not limited to, Immunology/Molecular/Cellular Biology/Cancer Biology.
- Minimum of 3 years of lab experience, required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent organization skills and very detail-oriented; learns new tasks quickly; self-motivated; works well independently with minimal supervision; works well with others, and able to multitask.
- Willingness to work with rodent (mice) cancer models.
- Knowledge of human resource and administration policies and procedures. Knowledge of budgetary requirements and policies.
- Working Title: Research Associate III - Theodorescu Lab - Cancer Institute
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map