Research Associate III - Theodorescu Lab - Cancer InstituteRequisition # 20000872 Apply Now
Work in the Theodorescu Laboratory focuses on identifying clinically relevant oncogenic drivers or suppressors of tumor growth and metastasis and translating this knowledge into biomarkers and therapies useful in implementing precision cancer medicine. The Theodorescu Lab has a broad background in cellular and molecular biology, in vivo models of cancer and translational cancer research, including work with human tissues and clinical trials. More specifically, the lab has expertise in bioinformatics and prognostic and predictive biomarker development as well as drug discovery and development. The Theodorescu Lab has also successfully developed collaborations and led teams of scientists that have produced seminal contributions to science. These include clinical translation of our basic discoveries through both national clinical trials (e.g., SWOG trial (S1314) of the COXEN principle) and pharmaceutical partnerships of drug development (development of Ral compounds).
To learn more about the Theodorescu Lab, please visit: https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/labs/theodorescu.html
The Theodorescu Lab is looking for Research Associate III who will provide technical and/or administrative support. The RA III may be requested to take on specific supervisory activities, and provide administrative leadership, and/or technical expertise. May develop hypothesis and assist in planning steps for the investigative process. The RA III will review and remain current on literature as it relates to clinical/research study. Coordinate all lab and/or clinical activities, including but not limited to, budgetary/financial compliance, preparation of grant proposals, and creating independent presentations. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
In addition the RA III will be responsible for the following:
- Provides miscellaneous clinical/research support (ad hoc data analysis, hypothesis development, programming, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Organizes clinical/research trials in conjunction with the Principal Investigator and sponsor and/or funding source.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with safety standards and procedures.
- Analyzes data and prepares scientific findings for publication as author or co-author.
- May make independent presentations.
- May provide system administration and maintenance for the local workstation network.
- Leads and trains Research Lab Assistants, Research Fellow, lower level Research Associates, and other related support staff and may be requested by PI to take on specific supervisory activities.
- Orients new Research Fellows and/or Research Scientists to day-to-day lab operations and procedures.
Bachelor of Science Degree – Required
Master of Science Degree – Preferred
Three to five (3-5) years of experience in area of research specialization. Has technical skills and expertise in an area of study
- Working Title: Research Associate III - Theodorescu Lab - Cancer Institute
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic / Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies / Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map